I got mugged.

Around Syracuse University, people get mugged all the time, then the University sends out emails to the entire student body. It was crazy how often they happened. A lot of times people just gave them what they wanted, but one time some like 16-18 year old black kids from the neighborhood tried to rob a couple at gunpoint. The dude they tried to rob just said, "No, fuck that," and kept walking. He basically called their bluff, and they got away with no harm, because he felt they wouldn't shoot him (and was right). I don't think I'd have the balls to do that.

Guest eriathomas
Around Syracuse University, people get mugged all the time, then the University sends out emails to the entire student body. It was crazy how often they happened. A lot of times people just gave them what they wanted, but one time some like 16-18 year old black kids from the neighborhood tried to rob a couple at gunpoint. The dude they tried to rob just said, "No, fuck that," and kept walking. He basically called their bluff, and they got away with no harm, because he felt they wouldn't shoot him (and was right). I don't think I'd have the balls to do that.

My first year of college, there was a ton of mugging on campus since the neighborhood next to it is not the best in town. The same thing happened though, they used a gun and finally someone called their bluff and got away. I think they finally caught them when a group of people saw them mug someone and caught them while calling the cops. I think they had mugged around 50-60 students in like 2-3 months. It was crazy.

I've never been mugged, but I've been jumped for my bike when I was younger, so I feel you pain. It's scary people do shit like that.

I'm really, really, really surprised I've never been mugged before. I used to find myself blackout drunk or borderline blackout drunk walking home through some not-so-great parts of Buffalo at like 5am. That's pretty much asking to be mugged, but I've lucked out.

It's probably my intimidating 5'11, 160lb frame that keeps me safe.

Guest staropramen

Black males are basically cowards when you call them on their BS. Although that cowardice combined with stupidity will get you shot sometimes.

Guest staropramen
really? do you have to bring that shit into another thread?

What shit? Sorry if the truth bothers you. What I posted is relevant information that can help people in such stressful and sometimes dangerous situations. Or would you prefer more people be victimised?

Guest staropramen
thanks for spewing generalizations. I used to live in an area with lots of black people. no problems whatsoever. I'm not going to say anymore on that.

Elect Ric Snow- I'm glad you are okay

Statistically supported generalisations. I also once lived in a predominately black neighborhood some 20+ years ago for a short period of time. While I've never had my vehicle broken into my entire life my car/van was broken into 5 times during that short vacation in da hood.

sucks man, hope you're alright. small towns don't really mean safe towns these days. i live in Reading, PA. which is by no means a big city, but year after year get ranked among the highest crime rates nationally. i'm told this year we tied Flint, Michigan for 6th poorest, most violent cities in the country.

gotta love it!

My first year of college, there was a ton of mugging on campus since the neighborhood next to it is not the best in town. The same thing happened though, they used a gun and finally someone called their bluff and got away. I think they finally caught them when a group of people saw them mug someone and caught them while calling the cops. I think they had mugged around 50-60 students in like 2-3 months. It was crazy.

I've never been mugged, but I've been jumped for my bike when I was younger, so I feel you pain. It's scary people do shit like that.

Was this near Akron?

Guest eriathomas

Yeah, Akron U. I am suprised how far down students live in just the last 4 years. My friend lived at brown and cross, and I'd never have lived there when I started school. They really cleaned the area up, well down to about Thornton anyway.

Yeah, Akron U. I am suprised how far down students live in just the last 4 years. My friend lived at brown and cross, and I'd never have lived there when I started school. They really cleaned the area up, well down to about Thornton anyway.

I never felt uncomfortable stumbling all over Akron. My buddy and I looked at the apartments behind the Speedway at the corner of Brown/Exchange (aka best place to get a hot pocket at 2am). The places were nice, but the houses across the lot had signs telling crackheads to stay out. We didn't live there :)

Guest eriathomas

I never felt uncomfortable stumbling all over Akron. My buddy and I looked at the apartments behind the Speedway at the corner of Brown/Exchange (aka best place to get a hot pocket at 2am). The places were nice, but the houses across the lot had signs telling crackheads to stay out. We didn't live there :)

Well you got the plasma place across the street, that usually has a few unsavory people outside. I never had problems walking around either, but I've been pretty much everywhere in town without a problem. That speedway is where that Marine on leave was killed a few months ago. Bums lover that one too, and used to bug me for cigarettes and I'd pull out a can of chew I bought for my friend on the way to his house and they'd never take any. It always made me laugh.

A few blocks down at Brown and Thorton the neighborhood really changes, and it's even worse on the otherside of 76.

Glad you're ok.

My car got broken into once while living downtown. I parked on a pretty busy street but I didn't know there was a guy who lived nearby that just got out of jail that was known for this shit. We caught him breaking into a friends car like 3 days later. Street justice on that mother fucker.

People don't really fuck with me. My anxiety always makes me think I'm going to get fucked with though so I never leave myself vulnerable.

Guest eriathomas

I watched someone try to break into my car once. They kept walking by and looking in. They did it like 3 times, before I finally yelled out the window at them. I must not have had anything good, or they kept pussing out.

Glad you're ok.

People don't really fuck with me. My anxiety always makes me think I'm going to get fucked with though so I never leave myself vulnerable.

likewise, if i can do anything to prevent something from getting stolen i will, be it locking my bike up for the 2 seconds i run in my apartment. id so much rather waste the 30 seconds locking/unlocking my bike than risk having to pay for a new bike

anything that can be easily avoided i will do