the eels on vinyl?

Almost everything from Eels has been pressed on vinyl. Beautiful Freak is the hardest to find. Stay away from eBay sellers out of Japan as most of that is counterfeit. Everything except for the Blinking Lights box and the Transmissions, Hombre and End Times LPs is out of print. And the new album TOMORROW MORNING comes out on vinyl August 24.

Almost everything from Eels has been pressed on vinyl. Beautiful Freak is the hardest to find. Stay away from eBay sellers out of Japan as most of that is counterfeit. Everything except for the Blinking Lights box and the Transmissions, Hombre and End Times LPs is out of print. And the new album TOMORROW MORNING comes out on vinyl August 24.
This. There's a version of Electro-Shock Blues on blue wax I'd kill to own. I believe it's a double 10".

get ready for this...

Original Recordings Group (the folks who recently repressed Nirvana and Sonic Youth's LP's) will be repressing Electro.., Daisies, and Souljacker... to be released this Winter 2010. Here's the link...

http://www.originalrecordingsgroup.com/htm/ORG_Catalog_p3.htm

Wonder if Beautiful Freak will be added?

This. There's a version of Electro-Shock Blues on blue wax I'd kill to own. I believe it's a double 10".

Physically, how are the Japanese counterfitting these LPs and how do you know this? As I'm sure you know, they are fanatical vinyl collectors and often buy and store multiple copies.

I know counterfeit copies of records exist but the ones I've seen are very obviously not real and are not written on ebay/discogs, etc to appear real.

Curious to your perspective and insights on this. I have bought a lot of vinyl from sellers around the world and if you are seeing lots of fakes then I'd like to know who is selling them.

I'm selling off my entire collection of LPs (over 2500) and I have Electro-Shock Blues (and almost all others) available for purchase. I'm taking offers before they all hit eBay in August. I'll consider all serious offers. See it at www.pushingvinyl.blogspot.com

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...