Win Tix to Gaslight Anthem/Tim Barry Tour

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Tomorrow, July 14th, The Gaslight Anthem will embark on their first tour supporting their latest album, "American Slang". While I always get excited for a Gaslight Anthem show in Denver, this tour features Suburban Home's own Tim Barry. I hope everyone will consider making it out to the show early to catch Tim who will be playing first. Chamberlain will be playing main support on this tour. Who's already got tickets? To which show(s)?

Our good friends at Side One Dummy are giving some of you an opportunity to win tickets. If you are in St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, or Los Angeles, and are interested in winning a pair of tickets for the show, here is what you do:

**Forward your receipt for your Gaslight Anthem "American Slang" purchase to Side One Dummy [email protected]

**Make sure you include in the subject VC Gaslight Anthem Contest and the City You are Hoping to win tickets to. Example: VC Gaslight Anthem Contest Denver

**Cross your fingers and hope the good people at Side One Dummy pick you.

Below are the dates. I highly recommend going to a show near you. I will be enjoying the show in Denver. Thanks Side One Dummy. Hopefully they decide to let us give away tickets to other dates on the tour. Stay tuned.

7/14/2010 Toronto, Ontario @ Sound Academy

7/15/2010 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore

7/16/2010 St. Louis, MO @ Pops East

7/17/2010 Kansas City, MO @ Midland Theatre

7/20/2010 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre

7/21/2010 Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern

7/22/2010 San Jose, CA @ Music in the Park Series

7/24/2010 Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre

7/26/2010 Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

7/27/2010 Chicago, IL @ House of Blues

7/28/2010 Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion

7/29/2010 Philadelphia, PA @ Great Plaza @ Penn’s Landing

7/31/2010 Providence, RI @ Lupo’s

8/1/2010 Montreal, Quebec @ Osheaga Festival

8/2/2010 Boston, Massachusetts @ House of Blues

Gonna be at the Phoenix show. I still think the venue is way too big.

the KC venue also seems way too big. the internet says capacity is 3500+.

I still can't get over the fact that they're playing Radio City Music Hall. I'm sure playing these huge venues is an awesome experience that you may not want to turn down, but I would not want to risk playing to a half empty seated venue. That doesn't sound like a fun show for anyone involved.

the KC venue also seems way too big. the internet says capacity is 3500+.

Yeah, the place they're playing here in Phoenix is huge, and for a lot of bands I've seen there (Against Me!, Propagandhi, etc), they didn't get anywhere remotely close to capacity. It was actually kind of weird having such a large venue with so few people. Only time I've ever seen it sell out was when NOFX came back to Phoenix for the first time in like 3 years.

First Gaslight show here in April '09 was at a club with a capacity of 600, and wasn't anywhere close to selling out. Second show in September '09 had a capacity of 500 and still didn't sell out. This venue is 1000+ capacity, and I just don't see them getting a huge draw. (Unless American Slang is getting a ton more mainstream coverage than I've realized)

KC venue is way too big. They are doing a discounted ticket for the show, but still far too big as they didn't come close to selling out the Beaumont last year. This one will be a bigger show, but I highly doubt it breaks 1k people. I saw the 10 for $10 show there & it was pretty funny seeing a show in that room that only did 300 people.

Tonight!

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM @ 10:00

TIM BARRY @ 9:00

THE MENZINGERS @ 8:00

Wait, what? Isn't Chamberlain playing?

Looks like Chamberlin Waits.

I'm so bummed they aren't playing a real show in San Jose. Music in the park is fun but it's probably going to sound bad and I don't want to hang out with 2,000 people (85% of whom don't really care who's playing). AND, we don't get Tim Barry.

Guest Admin

Wait, what? Isn't Chamberlain playing?

I'm so bummed they aren't playing a real show in San Jose. Music in the park is fun but it's probably going to sound bad and I don't want to hang out with 2,000 people (85% of whom don't really care who's playing). AND, we don't get Tim Barry.

see if tim will play in the parking lot, I bet he will

see if tim will play in the parking lot, I bet he will

I actually contacted his agency about seeing if he can play but there are two issues:

1) Few bars will put anything on at the same time as music in the park because they'll never get people in

2) Since he's on tour with the band Tim has bus call at midnight.

So I'd have basically a 9pm to midnight window to get Tim on somewhere and back. Maybe I'd have better luck if I tried Tim directly...hmmm..

I hope they play She Loves You here. I like it more than a lot of the other tracks on American Slang. (It's the iTunes bonus track)

Though if they play that setlist here, I'll be a bit bummed. Is missing almost every song I still wanna hear. (Seems every time I see them, as long as I can shout loud enough and focus on just one song, they'll throw it into the encore)