This Is What I Got For Christmas - SPOILER ALERT!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain

I got a ton of stuff, but since this is a vinyl message board, I have to share that I got:

Death Cab for Cutie - Underwater! 7"

Death Cab for Cutie - We Have the Facts... LP

The Blood Brothers - March on Electric Children (Clear / Black Splatter)

Underoath - In Regards to Myself 7"

Jess is awesome! :)

i got. . .

a chrome (messenger) bag. good. my backpack was falling apart. i definately needed something new. mash dvd. bike light. bike mirror. bike repair kit. watch. cycle computer. bath/body kit. 100 dollar old navy gift card. pajamas. 2 beanies. scarf. gloves. and....SOCKS!!

sopranos seasons 1 to 6

this is england dvd

stanley kubrick 3 movie set (clockwork orange, full metal jacket, 2001 a space oddessy)

oceans 13

burnout 3 for xbox. best game on this console by far.

and from my sisters trip to america

ohio state hoodie

giordanos famous stuffed pizza tee

nj devils hockey puck

then just some other random shit. chocolate, gift certificates and some returnables

Guest falloutcollapse

this is england dvd

just watched this the other day. pretty solid film

This has been sitting on my external hard drive for a while now. I should probably check it out tonight.

Lost Season 3

Canon EF 15 mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens

2 Thermal Shirts

Pair of Jeans

New OS for Mac

Pat Matheny CD

POTC 3

Random Gift Cards

and my mom preorderd the new Trash Talk and Shipwreck A.D. on vinyl for me...good year so far, and this is just my dad's side, next weekend we do it all over again w/ my moms side.

amongst a bunch of stuff

$20 AMC Theaters Gift Card (from my b/f's brother)

Two $50 Visa gift cards (from my brother)

$25 Best Buy gift card (from my b/f's parents)

$200 Amoeba Records gift certificate (from work)

Bloc Party A Weekend in the City Deluxe CD/DVD Set

McFly Greatest Hits DVD (yeah, so what?)

Drummer Smurf

a 2x4 Ikea Expedit (all from my b/f)

[image]

Nick Drake box set. From parents. This turned out really nice.

[image]

MxPx Secret Weapon from VC Secret Satan

[image]

I guess this is what you'd call a real-life rickroll, courtesy of my friend Zacchaeus.

[image]

Planes Mistaken For Stars Knife In The Marathon tour press /50. Also from Ziggy.

[image]

Cave In Jupiter. Also from Z, this is a really thoughtful gift, as it was my favorite album in high school, and I've wanted it on vinyl since forever.

the rest were given by my wife :

[image]

Since By Man We Sing The Body Electric on pink

[image]

Say Anything Is A Real Boy

[image]

Read Army Faction split on green (Hot Water Music, Avail, Discount, Weakerthans)

[image]

Appleseed Cast Mare Vitalis - this turned out beautifully. I took detail pictures if anybody wants to see them. The first record looks like something between arctic ice and a cloudy sky on a bright day. It brought a tear to my eye.

[image]

Every Time I Die The Big Dirty on leopard

[image]

Elliott False Cathedrals - I love this record too. Stoked to have it on vinyl.

[image]

Converge Petitioning Forever - this actually was supposed to be the swirl! Guess they're allowed to make few minor mistakes when they are sending out 9,000,000 orders a week.

[image]

Planes Mistaken For Stars Up In Them Guts on white w/black streaks. Wasn't a gift, I just kind of ended up with it.

[image]

Anti-Matter Anthology by Norman Brannon, from the wife

I Am America, And So Can You by Stephen Colbert, from the parents

World War Z by Max Brooks, from a coworker (unexpected, but very thoughtful, gift)

AND the best thing ever, from my wife :

[image]

THE COMPLETE CALVIN AND HOBBES by Bill Watterson. I get a lot of shit for my Calvin and Hobbes love - "What, that cartoon about the kid and his cat?" - but I will defend to the end that this shit is true genius, and some of the greatest art of our time. If anybody reading this hasn't checked it out more closely, by all means, do - you will find that not only is it funny (or at the very least, amusing), but it's often poignant, philosophical, and metaphysical, without ever being pretentious or shoving anything down your throat. It's probably the most thought-provoking, yet digestible thing out there. It's conscience and imagination and it's one of the best gifts I have ever been given.

and for no reason, here's a picture that uploaded with the rest of the stuff - anybody recognize where it's from?

[image]