Strokes - Is This It

really? :( i can't believe i just got scammed.

Don't get bummed, man. I'd just say to research a little on what you're about to buy in the future. Many people have been burned a little bit now and again.

Also, welcome to the board!

Thanks man I really appreciate it. If anyone could direct me to where I can get an OFFICIAL version of this record with the UK cover that would be great.

Are you guys positive that the red pressing is a bootleg?

The guy I bought a copy from swears it is a recent repress. I don't believe him.

I sent an email to rough trade and I'm waiting on an answer.

i'd be really surprised if it wasn't a bootleg. i would think that both The Strokes and Rough Trade would have advertised that they did a repress of it.

Are you guys positive that the red pressing is a bootleg?

The guy I bought a copy from swears it is a recent repress. I don't believe him.

I sent an email to rough trade and I'm waiting on an answer.

i'd be really surprised if it wasn't a bootleg. i would think that both The Strokes and Rough Trade would have advertised that they did a repress of it.

I compared the red vinyl I have to photos of the official LP on the internet. My cover has a misprint on the back of the name Ryan Gentiles.. mine says "Ryan Entles". The labels on the vinyl itself of the Strokes logo should have a tint of blue but on my bootleg version the labels are only in black and white. Also, when I play the vinyl all the songs are in a key higher than what they should be.. definitely fake.

Mine definitely says "Ryan Entles", but I own a regular US copy of this album and they sound very similar, I don't hear anything a key higher.

I have emailed the guy I bought it from and he has offered me a full refund, quote him "I have people lined up to buy this album whether it is a bootleg or not".

At least I'm getting my money back :)

Not this record specifically but there are a ton of bootlegs coming out lately. If you don't have a smartphone, get one. It helps a ton when you are out and about and see something too good to be true.

Not sure if anyone has seen those copies of Quicksand "slip" floating around yet. If you see that record sealed for $20 or less it's a fake. I've heard it sounds good but the cover is not so hot. I know this case was on ebay but there are plenty of boots floating around of OOP records so do a little research before you buy.