If you do record reviews. RE: new NIGHT BIRDS 7"

so it used to be that just before, or just as a record was coming out you would see reviews of said record in zines... what that takes basically is having the record come into the label like 2 months before the record is actually for sale so promotion copies could go out, and then by the time the record is for sale, the press on the record is right there with it, maybe even a little early.

nowadays, bands have record release shows and tours booked the week that the label gets the records rush shipped in and immediately for sale... therefore, the record is "out" and copies don't go out for review for another week, and then don't actually get reviewed and printed anywhere till two weeks after that at least... When you finally read the review, you're reading about records that have sometimes been out for months. This is not always the case, of coarse, and its no ones fault really... just kind of the way it is.

Anyways, NIGHT BIRDS recorded a new 7" called "MIDNIGHT MOVIES" for No Way Records out of Richmond. It is 4 new songs due out in the middle of October. Of coarse, the week it comes out we are going on a small tour down the fest in FL and will be booking some record release shows.

If you are unfamiliar with us, www.myspace.com/NGHTBRDS has our info. We are a punk band from New Jersey / Brooklyn.

If you do reviews anywhere, and have any interest in reviewing our record, please email me at [email protected] and in the next week or 2 I will send you the 4 songs, a JPEG of the cover art, and insert info. Obviously not as good as getting the whole real package, but I think it still beats dated reviews coming out when the band is already 3 releases down the road. A down side to this, however, is when the record gets leaked, which can't be stopped, but we of coarse would rather you did not because that would kind of defeat the whole purpose.

Email me if interested, thanks. BRIAN

PS. a new MP3 of the record and cover art are coming soon...

How about if I plan to review it to my wife and dogs? I'll even tape the review up on the refrigerator so any passers-by might see it!

ha, ideally, if people already like us I'd rather them wait it out for the whole package and the real thing. we put as much effort forth on the art and lyrics and stuff as we do the music, right down to the kind of paper that will be used for the sleeve and the record labels, so i try not to pass out songs too much before the real release. sending it out for review like this is an exception, though its not ideal, i just think its better then reviews months after a new release.

How about if I plan to review it to my wife and dogs? I'll even tape the review up on the refrigerator so any passers-by might see it!

ha, ideally, if people already like us I'd rather them wait it out for the whole package and the real thing. we put as much effort forth on the art and lyrics and stuff as we do the music, right down to the kind of paper that will be used for the sleeve and the record labels, so i try not to pass out songs too much before the real release. sending it out for review like this is an exception, though its not ideal, i just think its better then reviews months after a new release.

Nah, I understand dude. I love reading record reviews, but it's kinda lame whenever I read Razorcake and all the stuff that's reviewed I either own already or I wouldn't be interested in anyway. So it's cool to try to do it this way, hopefully some doofus doesn't end up leaking it along the way. Either way, I'm extremely excited for anything you guys have coming up!

Please come to tampa for the Pre Fest shows since i cant make it to the fest and i have been dying to see you guys live!

we are playing the Tampa pre fest on the thurs. see you then.

Fuck yeah!!!

care to share who else is playing? are the dopamines making it down too?

Never mind, i see you are playing with the Dopamines... this is gonna be the best show ever!

we are playing the Tampa pre fest on the thurs. see you then.

Fuck yeah!!!

Never mind, i see you are playing with the Dopamines... this is gonna be the best show ever!

i know nothing about this show, curious as to who else is playing it.

Fuck yeah!!!

i know nothing about this show, curious as to who else is playing it.

I heard Punch is playing one of the (usually) two pre-fest shows in Tampa, so that's three of more than likely 30 or so bands. It's great because I get to see those bands on Wednesday and Thursday here in town, then go 2 hours up to Fest for the rest of the weekend and see a bunch more. Between school and gigs, I'm not as able to keep up with shows nowadays, so I look forward to being able to take care of a good amount of shows in a 5 day span.