Akimbo - Jersey Shore - 180g LP

It's finally coming out!

Available here (and interpunk):

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/product.php?product=1820&sd=pLuesVfEFYlehFGcWTQ

"Akimbo has barreled their way through the United States and Europe over the last decade with all the fervor of a demon army bent on conquest. Forging a path of righteousness with a thunderous sound and a menacing presence in today's underground rock scene, Jon Weisnewski (Bass/Vocals) and Nat Damm (Drums) have solidified a unique and devastating sonic battle axe left embedded in the skulls of their enemies. After years of rotating guitar players, Aaron Walters (Guitar) joined the band in 2006 and has proven himself as the defining diesel in this engine of pure, flaming, voluminous rock. They encompass everything that has made rock, punk, and metal a dangerous sound for the last 50 years.

Akimbo came forth with the sinister and anthemic full length album Jersey Shores in 2008 on Neurot. A concept album spanning twelve days of brutal and savage shark attacks that haunted the New Jersey coast in 1916, Akimbo has allowed the dark subject matter to fester into the grain of their instruments and recreate their sound anew. Steering away from the beer-fueled "rock for rock's sake" approach, the album treads into a more mysterious and brooding territory than previously heard from other releases, maturing the band's sound as a whole and adding a new chapter to the Akimbo saga.

With six hammering, primal, evocative, haunting tracks that transport the listener through 45 minutes of timeless fear, Jersey Shores marks the brandishing of a new weapon for Akimbo to wield after ten years of aggressive battle through the hallow pits of the rock and roll underground. This 180 gram vinyl gatefold reissue also marks the continued collaboration between the Seattle band and Alternative Tentacles."

Also, they changed the artwork, which I think is a little disappointing. Oh well.

[image]

That was the cover of the actual booklet inside the slipcase of the CD version.

I am beyond stoked for this to finally be on vinyl. I've got a bit of a history with Akimbo... I've seen them 61 times. :-[

EDIT: Also possibly the only band I own every single record by that I didn't have to use eBay to get any of them (including their first 7" and the split 10" with Teen Cthulhu).

I'm thinking of getting this version:

http://www.redcobaltindustries.com/news.htm

Quick update on the release and tour front. We have sent the master for AKIMBO's Jersey Shores. We'll have the lacquers and stampers made soon and we'll have the pressing plant start with the vinyl production. It's all looking super sweet! We are looking for a release date of October 12th in Japan. Included in the package will be 12"vinyl LP, CD of the release, 11 x 17"colour poster, 11 x 17" lyrics sheet, and 11 x 11" full colour double-sided insert. Here's a sneal preview of the cover art:

[image]

I'm thinking of getting this version:

http://www.redcobaltindustries.com/news.htm

Quick update on the release and tour front. We have sent the master for AKIMBO's Jersey Shores. We'll have the lacquers and stampers made soon and we'll have the pressing plant start with the vinyl production. It's all looking super sweet! We are looking for a release date of October 12th in Japan. Included in the package will be 12"vinyl LP, CD of the release, 11 x 17"colour poster, 11 x 17" lyrics sheet, and 11 x 11" full colour double-sided insert. Here's a sneal preview of the cover art:

[image]

Pretty cool.

Very excited! I think the new artwork is awesome. Way cooler than the cd in my opinion. Has anyone had trouble ordering this at the Alternative Tentacles store? I can't get past a certain point during creating a new account. After I choose my state and zip code, and hit continue, the page goes white, but it just sticks and doesnt load. I tried a dozen times, and it did it everytime. :-/

• 3 weeks later...