Flipping Hot Topic Exclusives

ritterkills

I'd sell it for the exact cost of $20 shipped but I'm not in the habit of doing favors for complete strangers, if I was, I'd help people in need and NOT record collectors. This offer won't extend to anyone who has posted negative comments here.

How is this help?? You're bcox from DF aren't you??

Also, I would assume that the people that made negative comments probably won't buy from you anyway

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this? $25 shipping included. That's only $5 over actual cost. I think that's a pretty fair shake. I'd sell it for the exact cost of $20 shipped but I'm not in the habit of doing favors for complete strangers, if I was, I'd help people in need and NOT record collectors. This offer won't extend to anyone who has posted negative comments here.

Douchetastic offer.

Eat shit.

Guest markovianprocess
Wow, the seller lowers their price to something more "reasonable" and you still tell them to eat shit... ::)

Edit to the seller: $20 is not cost on these unless you paid 33% in sales tax.

It is COST. 14.99 plus 6% sales tax puts it at $16 plus $4 shipping = $20

I have extra copies of these. all $25 shipped

It is COST. 14.99 plus 6% sales tax puts it at $16 plus $4 shipping = $20

I have extra copies of these. all $25 shipped

Not sure what your point is? You are correct, I am asking $25 shipped. I was making the point that I was only asking for $5 over cost and the person was arguing that $20 was not cost. Pay attention!

Wait, so is this $20 really cost derivative? What if we're not considering that you got these on some random clearance sale at HT. What if you paid only $5 at the 50% off 50% sale? Therefore, $20 isn't in reality the true value of these flipping records. What if you paid $5 and you stand to make $15 dollars in the black (after the original cost of $5). Then, your profit margin has increased three fold. I think we're going to need to see a receipt.

The best part of this thread was that he was arguing with Travis about Hot Topic and how well the records are selling.

Agreed but what does Travis know when it comes to HT? ???

JOKING!!!!!

I'm not claiming to know more than someone that works there. All I was saying is that based on the #s it doesn't seem like they'll be super easy to come by and they might sell out pretty quick. In fact his post earlier today proves my point. He posted a list of over 200 stores they went out to. So that's an average of about 3 copies per store, which is probably less because according to him they're selling them through the online store as well.

Wait, so is this $20 really cost derivative? What if we're not considering that you got these on some random clearance sale at HT. What if you paid only $5 at the 50% off 50% sale? Therefore, $20 isn't in reality the true value of these flipping records. What if you paid $5 and you stand to make $15 dollars in the black (after the original cost of $5). Then, your profit margin has increased three fold. I think we're going to need to see a receipt.

Finally, someone who's actually funny instead of a pretentious cry baby.

Finally, someone who's actually funny instead of a pretentious cry baby.

I was serious. I want a receipt, mister.

And, I'm an economist.

will be winning and then not paying with one of my many fake accounts.

Wow, I feel really sorry for you if you actually do all that out of spite. It'll be worth it on both ends then, I get the pleasure of knowing I'm getting under your skin enough to waste your time with it. Sure, you'll be wasting my time, but I'll still have a collectible record at the end of it. You'll have your callous ego.

I'm not claiming to know more than someone that works there. All I was saying is that based on the #s it doesn't seem like they'll be super easy to come by and they might sell out pretty quick. In fact his post earlier today proves my point. He posted a list of over 200 stores they went out to. So that's an average of about 3 copies per store, which is probably less because according to him they're selling them through the online store as well.

Your making assumptions that the record is going to sell out at ALL the stores and the website when in fact there are some store that still have left overs from the first run.

Your making assumptions that the record is going to sell out at ALL the stores and the website when in fact there are some store that still have left overs from the first run.

You're probably right, but what good are leftover records in Washington if you live in Florida? Maybe I overestimated the value of these limited pressings, but I guess time will tell.

You're probably right, but what good are leftover records in Washington if you live in Florida? Maybe I overestimated the value of these limited pressings, but I guess time will tell.

That's were this board comes in and people DO THINGS FOR COMPLETE STRANGERS and pick up records in Illinois/Indiana , or where ever, and send them to places like Virginia and other states.

You wouldn't know that because I believe you said:

I'd sell it for the exact cost of $20 shipped but I'm not in the habit of doing favors for complete strangers, if I was, I'd help people in need and NOT record collectors. This offer won't extend to anyone who has posted negative comments here.

P.S. Dan "The Ripper: Jones i will be sending out that La Dispute record today. I'll pm your tracking number.