Scary Stories (happy bobby?)

when i got to the living room it kind of felt like it was shaking and there was this crazy low rumbling noise

are there any natural gas pipelines or mines underneath your house? i've heard of this happening before.

this one is fucked up. so i am pretty sure i have sleep paralysis (wiki it if you dont know but basically it means i will wake up sometimes in the night and cant move or speak or anything) and it only happens every now and then. it seems like if it happens once it will happen a bunch that one night. it really sucks and usually isnt scary since i kind of have a grasp on whats going on. anyway... one night at the old apartment i kept waking up and this shit was going on. eventually i get to the point if it keeps happening every time i close my eyes i will stay awake. this night i tried to stay awake. so im going in and out of sleep and i wake up and i cant talk or move and i feel like its getting cold like i may have left my window open or something and i cant even move at all to reach down and grab the covers or turn my head to see the window. well my bed starts vibrating a little so i think im half asleep and dreaming and i was more or less just getting angry. well i finally can move and i reach down and grab the covers and lay back and the bed is still barely vibrating and then it just stops. then i just get this really bad gut feeling and look over and my window is closed and the a/c isnt blowing. i turn over and just lay there wanting to go back to sleep and no sleep comes. you ever get that real distinct feeling someone is watching you, and i mean like really watching you? well thats how i felt. then the bed started shaking again but worse and i lay there hoping the shit will just stop and it gets worse to the point i was shaken out of the bed. i got up and ran to the light switch and of course it didnt come on so i bust through the door to the hall and try and turn that light on. at this time one of my room mates comes out of his room to ses whats going on cuz he heard the boom of me hitting the floor. the light in my room came right on after this and my mattress is hanging off the bed some.

now that is pretty fucking bizarre...definitely see if you can get some info on what's going on underneath your house.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was pretty nuts. i dont know if i was just dreaming because sleep paralysis does that to people. there are lots of myths about it because you are kind of asleep and dreaming when it takes place. i have had some weird instances with it where i feel like i am in slow motion, that is the most common "dream" i have when im in it. so was it just the truly bizarre or was it just a dream? i know my light didnt work at first.

This is crazy long, but in the spirit of Halloween ghost stories are in order.

I've never been on a ghost tour, but have gone ghost hunting plenty of times. We've had some interesting things happen, but only a couple that were really memorable. My mom lived in a haunted house in Maine for a few years but I never got the full story until I was in my teens because it's pretty unbelievable and she knew it just wouldn't have sat well with me as a kid. The stories I knew growing up were scary, but after having some years to think about it I still don't fully comprehend the whole of it. I'll start small and go big. It's kind of long, but I think it's worth reading. I put minimal effort into writing this but would really like to take my time and make a story of it some time. The house was built in the 1800's I believe, but this all took place over a few years in the early 1970's.

The house was large so they rented part of it as an apartment which had it's own entry stairwell and whatnot. It was obvious that something was off in the house pretty early on. Everyone had such a strong sense of dread and being watched when passing the bottom of the stairs to get to the bathroom (in the main part of the house) that they had my grandfather cut a hallway through them so that no one would have to walk past the base. Small things would happen like doors silently opening or closing that were difficult for people to open or close normally (especially without noise) because of the frames being warped. They heard footsteps often, but the most memorable story my Mom has is of when she and some friends were sleeping in the spare room of the apartment and heard someone coming up the stairs right next to the room. They assumed it was her brother or some boys from the neighborhood trying to sneak in on them but as soon as they went to look no one was there. No one anywhere and no sound of someone having ever left the stairs. She still says there is no way it was a person.

A tenant in the apartment one time approached my grandparents asking about a strange thing that kept happening. She said every night she'd be awake around 10-10:30 writing letters or reading in bed and it would start to vibrate, more like shaking some times. She asked if he was running machinery in the basement or anything of the sort. They knew it wasn't anything they could explain so my grandfather told her they lived on a fault line and the trucks on the road would shake the house sometimes. She bought it and didn't leave.

My uncle is a tough guy from Maine (aka red neck) and won't ever talk about the house. My Mom has said he got some of the worst of it, though. One night he was in bed and heard what sounded like a person in the room. He felt someone sit on the edge of the bed and watched the mattress actually depress as if someone were on it. He also came out of his room in hysterics one night claiming he saw a face in his window. Everyone still seems to think that was just his imagination and I'm okay with sticking to that.

The house was on a lake and just down the road from it was a public beach, so my grandparents let locals come into the house to change as they needed. One time my grandmother came home and realized someone was upstairs in the bathroom, but no one else was home otherwise. She called up and one of the neighborhood boys replied. He came running downstairs a few seconds later completely white and began asking if she had just gotten home and if anyone else was around. He became far more scared when she said she had just arrived and that no one else was nearby. Apparently he had heard someone yell upstairs before and he had held a conversation with them for a couple minutes all within minutes before she came home. The house was old and he certainly would have heard anyone coming or going, but didn't, someone just started talking to him.

The last part here is going to sound like ridiculous, too perfect ghost story/movie sounding crap. I swear to you it is not. Both my Mom and my grandmother have told me about it before and have never faltered in their own belief of it, aside from it being hard to grasp.

A woman and her young daughter showed up at their door one day asking about the apartment for rent. She said she had just moved from California and saw it listed in a local flyer. My family absolutely claims they had not ever listed the room for rent besides a sign outside and did not have the sign out at the time. The woman also said that she felt compelled to move their on a whim after hearing the name of the town in a dream. They let her move in, she found work, and things were going well for a while. At some point the girl told her mother that she had made a new friend and that he came to visit her sometimes. She said he was very lonely and wanted her to come with him. The mother of course had no idea what to think. She probably just dismissed it as her imagination. My grandmother refuses to talk about the next part in any detail because I believe she saw it happen. One day the daughter was playing outside, and I'm not sure of the reason, but she ran into the road. She was hit and immediately killed by a truck. No more paranormal events occurred in the house from that point on.

After looking into town records my grandmother found that the owner of the house had hanged himself at the bottom of the stairs. A grave in the local cemetery for a girl by the same last name shows that she died a few months after birth and shortly after that date is when the man took his life. My grandmother's assumption is that it was his daughter, but was unable to get proper records to prove it.

Guest errolwest

A year or two ago some friends and I snuck into an abandoned mental institution. (opened 1921, closed 1971) the facility had been used for lobotomies(sp?) LSD experiments, and shock treatments, and all kinds of other fucked up experiments. It was incredibly eerie. Some of the things we saw in there were pretty fucked (bath tubs with straps to hold paintents down, and all sorts of other strange devices) the building was also huge, and would be pretty easy to get lost in. It was the creppiest thing I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the building was demolished recently.

kurtmanner...that's fucking insane!

Ghost stories rule.

This is a ghost/semi-dream-but-not-really story

My ex-gf and I were driving back from Led Robster and she got a call from her best friend, Jocelyn. I could hear her friend screaming/crying into the phone which immediately freaked the both of us out. After five minutes of calming her down, she could finally understand what Jocelyn was saying...this is what she told her...

Jocelyn was taking a nap in her dorm. She woke up to her boyfriend Sean sitting at her feet, 'tickling' her ankle which she thought was to wake her up because they had plans that night to go out for dinner. She groggily said, "Hey babe, I'm still a bit tired -- is it okay if I close my eyes for a little bit longer before we go out?" and Jack replied, "Yeah...please do". Jocelyn then said she saw him smile and say, "I love you 'J'" and she replied with a smile then closed her eyes. As soon as her eyes shut, her cell phone rang at the loudest volume (which she said is never on that volume) and her friend Sarah (Sean's sister) was calling. She grabbed the phone and then realized Sean wasn't there so she sat up and answered it thinking he must've quickly stepped out even though she knew her eyes closed for only a second, and her friend was crying on the phone and immediately said, "Jocelyn...I'm so sorry....Sean was just killed in a car accident".

The car accident was around 6:30 pm. Jocelyn took her nap at 7 pm. The phone call was at 7:35 pm.

^^^ i've heard of this happening before. it's crazy.

Yeah man...it was incredible. Jocelyn was freaked out for weeks -- she couldn't even go to his funeral, and had trouble sleeping for almost a couple months.

it happened to a good friend of mine's father actually. when he was younger he shared in a room with his older, high school aged brother. one night around 11PM my friend's dad woke up to his bedroom door opening and the older brother saying "sh go back to bed, it's okay". within the next 15 minutes, the family got a phone call saying the older brother was killed in a car accident 20 minutes prior to the apparition that my friend's dad witnessed. it's crazy because the people who currently live in the house say they find loose change everywhere, even where they have just vacuumed.

Sup everyone, I'm new, but I know like 4 ppl on here in real life (outside cyber world). But I thought I should share my story.

I knew this who had passed away and she was a close family friend, her name was Lisa. Lisa then moved off to Washington DC, about 1 hr 30 mins away to help run a yacht business on the Potomac River (I currently still work there). I really knew Lisa, every since I was old enough to talk. She might have even changed my diaper a time or two, but anyways. She had passed away really unexpectedly around the age of 35 due to a heart attack, she was no obese or anything like that, but she had problems with her heart, which eventually led up to her taking blood thiners...Before she passed she would go to the house in mountains and take breaks from the stress of DC, and running her business. After she passed the partner of the business let a friend and I stay there. Which we did, because it was free. He mentioned, that I could stat there as long as you don't mind Lisa...I thought you myself, well ok he's kinding...well no. After about a week there, my roommate was up late, while asleep for my early job, and he heard talking from the balcony above, and the cats there were living there too, all looked up at the same time and stared, he said this went on for 30 mins. I was still skeptic. Then my turn came around. It was about 2 weeks after that case, where I was trying to sleep and i was listening to my ipod laying on my side, when all of sudden I felt a push. I freaked the hell out and then saw a shadow move back and forth in the room. I ran out as fast as I could and didn't fall asleep that night and moved out the next day.

right after college, i was still living at home but most weekends i would crash at friend's apartments...my 3 friends had just moved into a house one of their parents owned...they all had bedrooms upstairs and the living room was downstairs...after a night out, i was gunna crash on the couch...right before my friend mike went upstairs he said to me..."don't mind my grandfather if he stops by..." i woke up to loud bangin' in the basement and on the stairs in between 6-7am...when they all came down later that morning...i asked mike what was his grandfather working on the house? he said no and my other two friends chuckled...then he told me his grandfather's been dead for 15 years...

Sup everyone, I'm new, but I know like 4 ppl on here in real life (outside cyber world). But I thought I should share my story.

I knew this who had passed away and she was a close family friend, her name was Lisa. Lisa then moved off to Washington DC, about 1 hr 30 mins away to help run a yacht business on the Potomac River (I currently still work there). I really knew Lisa, every since I was old enough to talk. She might have even changed my diaper a time or two, but anyways. She had passed away really unexpectedly around the age of 35 due to a heart attack, she was no obese or anything like that, but she had problems with her heart, which eventually led up to her taking blood thiners...Before she passed she would go to the house in mountains and take breaks from the stress of DC, and running her business. After she passed the partner of the business let a friend and I stay there. Which we did, because it was free. He mentioned, that I could stat there as long as you don't mind Lisa...I thought you myself, well ok he's kinding...well no. After about a week there, my roommate was up late, while asleep for my early job, and he heard talking from the balcony above, and the cats there were living there too, all looked up at the same time and stared, he said this went on for 30 mins. I was still skeptic. Then my turn came around. It was about 2 weeks after that case, where I was trying to sleep and i was listening to my ipod laying on my side, when all of sudden I felt a push. I freaked the hell out and then saw a shadow move back and forth in the room. I ran out as fast as I could and didn't fall asleep that night and moved out the next day.

Greg, because you're my best friend, I can tell you to proofread your shit.

Secondly, I can vouch for Greg's story because that house was fucking creepy, especially with the cats just randomly staring upward at the balcony for a ridiculous amount of time. Unless you physically pushed the cat, they sat like statues.

Fuck that place, but RIP Lisa.

my roommate and i were listening to music at a low volume, say, 23 out of a 50 scale and ALL OF A SUDDEN IT JUMPED UP TO 50 OUT OF 50 OH MY GOD IT WAS SO SCARY

Something similar to this happened to me. I used to live with my dad and stepmom and my sister also used to live there, but she moved out so I took her room because it was a little bigger. Well, I never really hung out in my room. It had a TV and a boombox, but other than that, not much else, so I would rarely be in there to do anything but sleep. I mainly used my boombox to play my iPod through and I had a stereo dock on the shelf to charge my iPod. The boombox was on a shelf above my TV. Now this boombox was one that had all these lights and light motions that you see in department stores and it had 4 functions: radio, tape, cd and the last one aux, which I always had it on for my iPod. Well for one reason or another, I was in my room watching TV. All of a sudden, the boombox turns on and the lights start going crazy and it goes to the radio, 101.1 which is a station that should've come in clearly, but it was static and the volume was all the up, at 100. I quickly jumped up and turned it off and it spooked the shit out of me, especially since it was one of the few times I'd just hung out in there. Also, I would wake up in the middle of the night to a light flashing and it would be my iPod. It would light up as is someone was touching it and the backlight would go on and then off and on again. I remember the first time it happened, I was half asleep while it was going and when I turned over, it stopped. So I got up to see what it was and I didn't have my glasses on so I up close to everything so I could see. I was looking on my dresser which my TV was on to see if it was my phone or something and when I looked at my iPod, it lit up. I always got a weird feeling from that room.

There have been other occurrences in the house itself. I have been on the couch and heard a few women talking, and it sounded like they were all talking at the same time. I assumed it was outside since there were a lot of moms in my neighborhood and it was in the middle of the day, I thought maybe their kids were in school and they were out for a walk or something. It went on for a minute or two so I got up to go look out the front window since it sounded like they were in my driveway. When I was close to the window which was next to the stairs that led downstairs, it then sounded like it was coming from down there and when I got to the stairs, the talking just stopped abruptly and there was no one out front. Another time I was in my living room on the couch on my computer while my ex-girlfriend was on the love seat next to the couch studying and all of a sudden someone coughed loudly from the kitchen which is pretty much in the living room and I just looked up and kept browsing and she freaked. I'd been so used to stuff like that that it didn't bother me too much. Once we were watching TV and heard laughing from behind the couch we were sitting on, like it was right behind our heads.

I told all this to my stepmom because I hadn't been sleeping much and she said to tell my dad and he said something along the lines of "Yeah, I've noticed some shadows moving around the house lately" We were like, the fuck? Why didn't you say something?! My step-mom, being the religious person she is, nailed a crucifix in my room. One night my friend came over before he was leaving on a trip and hooked up his Xbox 360 because I wanted to play Left for Dead. We played for a while and then he left and I kept playing for about 10 minutes. All of a sudden there was this loud noise like something scratched the wall or something. Well I got up and looked around and it was the crucifix, it had fallen from the wall. Everyone I knew got a creepy feeling from the house. I never could find anything about the house, though I didn't look too deep. Sorry, this ended up being much longer than I anticipated.

TL;DR I was raped by a ghost.

Greg, because you're my best friend, I can tell you to proofread your shit.

Secondly, I can vouch for Greg's story because that house was fucking creepy, especially with the cats just randomly staring upward at the balcony for a ridiculous amount of time. Unless you physically pushed the cat, they sat like statues.

Fuck that place, but RIP Lisa.

Wow. You're right. I was high, if that makes up for anything.

During the summer back in 2004, and 2005, a bunch of my friends and I (Dan Jones can vouch) would use to all go out and go FUHL (Fucked Up House Looking). These would be abandoned houses that were supposed to be haunted by rumor. Well...In fact we did have a little run in with something. We would go to this house that was built back in the late 1800s. This house was rumored to be haunted, because there were murders in the house. We were outside, just standing and heard footsteps all around us, and when I took a picture there were red orbs floating all around. Another group, later on in summer, in which I was not apart, they had supposedly seen a shadow walking back and forth in the windows.

Dan Jones and I also one night would go out and take random pictures. There’s one that stands out to this day. Dan was doing some kind of super model pose and there was an orb right behind him. We both looked at this picture and zoomed in and there were deer figures in the woods behind, but just the outline of them…like transparency.

one time I was on my front porch and I took a picture of a lantern because I thought it would look cool. I'm not great at photography by all means, but when I looked at the picture on my computer it looked like there was a small boy with long curly hair and like hollow eyes in the flame. I'll look for the picture really quick. I've shown it to a few friends and most of them can see the kid, but a couple of them can't. It's always been super creepy to me, though.