Scary Stories (happy bobby?)

Apparently my Mormon boss will be getting tickets for the two of us to stay overnight at Moundsville Penitentiary for a "Ghost Hunt" next March.

This past March through November are sold out, but it has to be pretty good since tickets are $60. And you're there from 8 pm to 6 am

Has anyone been on a ghost tour before? Anything good happen?

This place made it onto "Ghost Adventures" -- you know, that show with the super-jacked guy who continually yells at "ghosts". It's a sweet show.

The description of what happens on the "Ghost Hunt" is cool..

"Night Tours are booked from March through November and begin at midnight. Groups of at up to 20 people will participate in a 90-minute historical, educational walk-through of the facility with a trained guide. After that you are on your own to experience the thrills and chills of the former prison."

I better get punched in the face by a ghost because I'm excited and don't want to be let down.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting to do the Gettysburg ghost tour for a while, but I can never get anyone to go with me.

Whichever tour I go on before this Moundsville tour, I'm definitely bringing my camera and a voice recorder for EVPs...Yep, I'm a ghost nerd.

HELLOOOOOO. i live, like 40 minutes from there. i go to gettysburg all the time! anytime you want to go, just let me know!

also, Eastern State Penitentiary. i went there a couple years ago at halloween and it was super rad. i still need to do a non-haunted house type tour of there in the off season.

I've been wanting to do the Gettysburg ghost tour for a while, but I can never get anyone to go with me.

Whichever tour I go on before this Moundsville tour, I'm definitely bringing my camera and a voice recorder for EVPs...Yep, I'm a ghost nerd.

That Gettysburg's tour would be awesome and so much fun.

All the ghost tours I've ever been on have been so lame and not scary at all. Theres one in Savannah where you go through the house that I want to do. It's one of those houses thats been on that show TAPS.

Im going to try and plan this haha.

when i was in savannah, my friend and i tried to get in bonaventure cemetary, but apparently it closes super early. a couple other people drove up and had to leave while we were there. sucked.

i wish i could find a scary ghost tour.

This isn't my story, but it happened to a friend of mine during a trip across Canada. While in Ottawa, she stayed at a hostel that was formerly a federal prison (more about it can be read here: http://www.hauntedhamilton.com/25_article_ottawajail.html ).

She was alone at night in one of the former-cells-current-rooms listening to her discman on the top bunk of one of the beds. Suddenly her discman shut off and the temperature in the room dropped noticeably. She kept her eyes shut and rolled to face the wall as the temperature fell further and the sound of heavy breathing began to move toward her. She said , "fuck off" and "leave me alone" a couple times but the chill got closer to where she could feel it almost hovering over her, breathing on her neck. After a few big blasts of chill at her neck, it stopped. Her blanket was then violently ripped from her. She finally decides she's getting the fuck out of there and with her eyes still clenched, she rolls off the bed to the floor. She opens her eyes quickly to see where her bag and the door is, but notices her blanket. It's just floating in the air, 7 feet from the ground. It falls to the ground, she grabs her bag and books it to the lobby.

She was supposed to stay 2 more nights there, but she decided on a nearby hotel instead.

supposedly i spent the first two years of my life in a haunted house. the property it sits on used to be an army barracks or something. my dad said he used to feel them pull on his toes to wake him up as was traditional for the time. he would wake up to two or three soldiers in the corner of the room looking at him on a regular basis after feeling the toe tug. my mom says she heard spurs on the porch steps and caballero wooting in the wooded area across the street. weird shit.

HELLOOOOOO. i live, like 40 minutes from there. i go to gettysburg all the time! anytime you want to go, just let me know!

also, Eastern State Penitentiary. i went there a couple years ago at halloween and it was super rad. i still need to do a non-haunted house type tour of there in the off season.

Hello!

I'm definitely down for a gburg civil war ghost tour...I've heard good things about ESP and I'm terribly curious now. I wish I lived closer so I could get to these places more often. I might go to Georgetown (Worshington, Dee Cee) soon for one of their tours, or Leesburg. But yes, I'll let you know about Gettysburg!

All the ghost tours I've ever been on have been so lame and not scary at all. Theres one in Savannah where you go through the house that I want to do. It's one of those houses thats been on that show TAPS.

Im going to try and plan this haha.

Wasn't there an episode of TAPS where they investigated a lighthouse in Florida? Apparently it was haunted by some lady which they captured on film. That was badass. You should find that place!

supposedly i spent the first two years of my life in a haunted house. the property it sits on used to be an army barracks or something. my dad said he used to feel them pull on his toes to wake him up as was traditional for the time. he would wake up to two or three soldiers in the corner of the room looking at him on a regular basis after feeling the toe tug. my mom says she heard spurs on the porch steps and caballero wooting in the wooded area across the street. weird shit.

That's AWESOME!

My house was never haunted but when I was 16 I remember one night as I was in my bed looking out towards the hallway, I saw a woman in black slowly walk by my room. I thought it was my mom, but I had been awake for a while and didn't hear or see her come out of the room, so I walked to the hallway and called her name. I didn't see anyone so I then opened up her door and she was snoring. Literally. It wasn't my sister because that night she was at a friend's house, so after I realized it had to have been a ghost/spirit so I panicked and got back in bed and stayed up the whole night since I couldn't fall asleep.

Nothing like that ever happened again.

This thread might as well turn into ghost stories. I wish I could have s'mores though.

This isn't my story, but it happened to a friend of mine during a trip across Canada. While in Ottawa, she stayed at a hostel that was formerly a federal prison (more about it can be read here: http://www.hauntedhamilton.com/25_article_ottawajail.html ).

She was alone at night in one of the former-cells-current-rooms listening to her discman on the top bunk of one of the beds. Suddenly her discman shut off and the temperature in the room dropped noticeably. She kept her eyes shut and rolled to face the wall as the temperature fell further and the sound of heavy breathing began to move toward her. She said , "fuck off" and "leave me alone" a couple times but the chill got closer to where she could feel it almost hovering over her, breathing on her neck. After a few big blasts of chill at her neck, it stopped. Her blanket was then violently ripped from her. She finally decides she's getting the fuck out of there and with her eyes still clenched, she rolls off the bed to the floor. She opens her eyes quickly to see where her bag and the door is, but notices her blanket. It's just floating in the air, 7 feet from the ground. It falls to the ground, she grabs her bag and books it to the lobby.

She was supposed to stay 2 more nights there, but she decided on a nearby hotel instead.

ill have what shes smoking

I approve of these ghost stories.

My dad and uncle used to work together for a painting company. One day the two were on the same job site (which was an old house turned into a bed and breakfast type deal) in rooms next to each other and my dad heard my uncle talking to someone for a few minutes. My uncle said a man dressed in an old wartime outfit came in and talked to him and asked him if he had seen his watch. My dad walked in and asked who he was talking to and my uncle told him the guy had literally walked out right when my dad walked in and there was absolutely no way they could have missed each other.

My dad talked to the owner and said a few people had asked him about the same person over the past few years, but he had never seen him.

I always thought that was a super weird story, especially since the soldier had conversations.

I LOVE GHOST STORIES.

i'm pretty positive we have one that lives in our house. my bathroom is down a very short hall that opens up into the living room, and there's a chair right by the fireplace that has a straight line of sight into the bathroom. sometimes when i'm brushing my teeth or just doing anything in the bathroom with the door open, i get the distinct feeling that someone is sitting in that chair and watching me, but no one's there. i told my mom that one time, and she got this weird look on her face and said that my sister had told her the same thing, but independently of me. we both said that it's definitely a man, and he's definitely not malicious. my mom finally buys into the story, because every once and awhile, the door to the grandfather clock we have that is directly across from this chair will make a huge banging sound and swing open. the clock doesn't work, and the door latches, so there's no other reasonable explanation. (yes, a ghost IS a reasonable explanation, ahahaha) i've also had the kitchen cupboards that i know for a fact were latched open on their own. man-in-the-pink-chair ghost just wanted a midnight snack, bwahaha.

i think my old apartment had some spooky shit going on in it. there was always some weird shit and my two grown ass room mates and i would get creeped out all the time. here are two times that stuck out the most.

one day a bunch of people and i were playing some halo online in my room. well i went to go to the fridge which passed through our living room. when i got to the living room it kind of felt like it was shaking and there was this crazy low rumbling noise i dont know how to describe it but it was in our living room. so the first thing i do is go to turn the sound surround off cuz sometimes people would leave a dvd on the menu screen but it was off. so im like, "ok someone turned on the classic cd player on the bookshelf" and go to cut it off and it was off already. i immediately freak out and start slowly walking backwards to my room. when i get there i wave one of my room mates to come to me. i ask him if he hears/feels the noise and he definitely hears/feel it. we walk into the living room and im like "show me where its coming from" and he starts looking around and looks real confused when he cant. then out of no where it started getting really loud. to the point where i feel like im going to have to yell to be audible to him. so i assume it has to be outside, even though i know it is in our apartment, and i open the door to the balcony and the sound stops as soon as the door cracks open. no one in sight outside. no one in my room heard the noise either even though it was loud as hell. just my room mate and i.

this one is fucked up. so i am pretty sure i have sleep paralysis (wiki it if you dont know but basically it means i will wake up sometimes in the night and cant move or speak or anything) and it only happens every now and then. it seems like if it happens once it will happen a bunch that one night. it really sucks and usually isnt scary since i kind of have a grasp on whats going on. anyway... one night at the old apartment i kept waking up and this shit was going on. eventually i get to the point if it keeps happening every time i close my eyes i will stay awake. this night i tried to stay awake. so im going in and out of sleep and i wake up and i cant talk or move and i feel like its getting cold like i may have left my window open or something and i cant even move at all to reach down and grab the covers or turn my head to see the window. well my bed starts vibrating a little so i think im half asleep and dreaming and i was more or less just getting angry. well i finally can move and i reach down and grab the covers and lay back and the bed is still barely vibrating and then it just stops. then i just get this really bad gut feeling and look over and my window is closed and the a/c isnt blowing. i turn over and just lay there wanting to go back to sleep and no sleep comes. you ever get that real distinct feeling someone is watching you, and i mean like really watching you? well thats how i felt. then the bed started shaking again but worse and i lay there hoping the shit will just stop and it gets worse to the point i was shaken out of the bed. i got up and ran to the light switch and of course it didnt come on so i bust through the door to the hall and try and turn that light on. at this time one of my room mates comes out of his room to ses whats going on cuz he heard the boom of me hitting the floor. the light in my room came right on after this and my mattress is hanging off the bed some.

sorry for the essays but this is exactly how things happened.

I went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose last fall when I was there. Cool big 'ole mansion. Took the evening tour, was with a couple girls - they made me take the rear! It was pretty spooky and there were a couple times where I was like I gotta GTFO this room, but nothing supernatural happened. Still a fun experience, would recommend.

my apartment building was a hospital in the late 1890s up to the 1920s. my landlord said that my apartment was the room that surgery used to take place in. i never believed in ghost stories until last night...

my roommate and i were listening to music at a low volume, say, 23 out of a 50 scale and ALL OF A SUDDEN IT JUMPED UP TO 50 OUT OF 50 OH MY GOD IT WAS SO SCARY

but seriously, i hear footsteps and creaking in my living room sometimes, it's an old building so that'll happen. i've been privy to a lot of scary shit happening and i know some pretty decent scary stories. the ones i was there for are pretty private, but the others are fun. i've got to catch the train but maybe i will tell some later.

I went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose last fall when I was there. Cool big 'ole mansion. Took the evening tour, was with a couple girls - they made me take the rear! It was pretty spooky and there were a couple times where I was like I gotta GTFO this room, but nothing supernatural happened. Still a fun experience, would recommend.

i'd be so afraid of getting lost in that place.