Labels: Advertise on the 1st Five for .10 a day

Yes, this is probably spam if you don't run a label. If you feel like it is report it to Benchwarmer in the interest of being fair since Juan writes for us sometimes.

I got sick of google ads always giving us shit like lenscrafters on the 1st Five so I'm trying a program called Project Wonderful. I heard about it through the webcomic Something Positive, as it's the ad service they use.

The way it works is people place bids on how much they are willing to pay per day to advertise on your site. They are only responsible to pay for the time that their bid is the highest one.

For example, currently we have two ad boxes. One is a 300x250 and the other is 160x600.

The 300x250 is currently being bid on at 6 cents a day, while the 160x600 one is at 3 cents a day. As long as no one bids higher than them those people will only pay 6 cents a day to advertise on the site.

Even if you're a tiny tiny tiny label that's pretty damn cheap. The most expensive ad will only make 1.80 a month. As time goes on we will, hopefully, get bigger bids. But right now? It's stupid cheap to advertise on The 1st Five.

Here is more info, hope some people will consider it. http://www.projectwonderful.com/abouttheinfiniteauction.php

If you end up wanting to try it out you can find us by going to https://www.projectwonderful.com/adsearch.php and searching www.the1stfive.com under site description.

If someone wants to post an ad that's a different size than I've got up just contact me. I'm okay in Photoshop so I can make you a to size image, but I can't do anything animated because I'm not that good. Thanks monk. I'm really curious how well this will work out. Hopefully well enough to cover our costs someday and to buy Patrick and Juan beer.

What would be ideal? I know nothing about ads or ad placement and I'm really open minded.

I can adapt anything, just the ad agency site lists a 100K bytes size limit to what you can upload...so that's the restriction I gotta work with... so I'll make a simpler one. No big deal, most things i make end up being ridiculously simple anyway.

This is pretty awesome. I'm a weird situation right now with IndieClick where all they are showing are ads from 2.5 years ago that were specially purchased through me and exist outside their channel buy system. And all of the my current channel buys are not showing up. And they're not writing back to me about it. Arrg. I don't really worry about ads anymore since they bring in peanuts for us, and I'm tempted to just dump them altogether. This might be something I should strongly consider offering.

This is pretty awesome. I'm a weird situation right now with IndieClick where all they are showing are ads from 2.5 years ago that were specially purchased through me and exist outside their channel buy system. And all of the my current channel buys are not showing up. And they're not writing back to me about it. Arrg. I don't really worry about ads anymore since they bring in peanuts for us, and I'm tempted to just dump them altogether. This might be something I should strongly consider offering.

Towards the end of Mammoth Press we started having the exact same problem with them. They only care about you if you're bringing in tons of revenue but you can't bring in tons of revenue if they're constantly fucking up the ads. This adds an exciting element of social Darwinism to advertising on the site. I'm cool with it.