rally to restore sanity

Is it really that complicated?

Political rallies (for example, Glenn Beck's) tend to attract the fringe. The media then reports on the fringe because they scream the loudest. Then politicians can say things like, "the people want less government! 100,000 people showed up saying Obama is Hitler!"

The point of this rally was that reasonable people who don't normally go to manufactured events like this outnumber the nutjobs, and should be listened to as well.

pretty much the point.

Fail to see how the voice of anyone who attended either function is any louder, individually or collectively, than it was before.

Will there be a box on voting ballots that make your vote = 1.25 votes if you attended? Are corporate lobbyists suddenly going to have a change of heart because -- uh oh -- some smart folk formed a posse in DC once? Does the other side of the voting aisle feel intimidated now?

A bunch of people flooding the streets of DC under the guise of unified sanity painted a pretty picture and made for some nice headlines, but ultimately accomplished nothing. Glen Beck and his ilk could care less; Ann Coulter is still sodomizing the masses with her oral strap-on; those with opposing beliefs are more resolute than ever; Obama is no better off than he was last week.

I think the whole point was to have a counterpoint to Beck's rally, and that teabaggers and insane zealots do not represent the entire country as Fox News has been trying to say (with it's coverage of Republican rallies and overstatement of Beck's numbers). As awesome as Jon Stewart is nothing he could of done would make Obama any better off. Really you are just being a killjoy by shitting on a pretty cool event that happened before Election Day causes the start of apocalypse.

I think the whole point was to have a counterpoint to Beck's rally, and that teabaggers and insane zealots do not represent the entire country as Fox News has been trying to say (with it's coverage of Republican rallies and overstatement of Beck's numbers). As awesome as Jon Stewart is nothing he could of done would make Obama any better off. Really you are just being a killjoy by shitting on a pretty cool event that happened before Election Day causes the start of apocalypse.

Lol.

Those insane zealots have a national media outlet on their side, not to mention a couple of best selling authors, the most listened to radio personality in the country (and probably at least 3 of the top 5), a highly organized network of international public speaking events, and a following akin to a herd of sheep...

Quick, let's get our best two comedians to organize a free concert. That ought to show those guys.

At least it was a cool event.

Lol.

Those insane zealots have a national media outlet on their side, not to mention a couple of best selling authors, the most listened to radio personality in the country (and probably at least 3 of the top 5), a highly organized network of international public speaking events, and a following akin to a herd of sheep...

Quick, let's get our best two comedians to organize a free concert. That ought to show those guys.

YAWN, SNOOZE, FART, BORED

Lol.

Yes old white people love their fox news, am radio, and O'Reilly. That still doesn't mean it is the majority and that was the point of the event.

i read an article recently that said the tea party isn't actually accomplishing very much, and a huge portion of their "groups" consist of like 10 people, yet they are getting an absurd amount of coverage and the media is almost validating them, so yeah i think this rally was to be like "no they're not the majority, they're a group of crackpots that have too much free time"

i'm gonna see if i can dig up the article