Hellmouth - limited vinyl w/bible ashes pressed in

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder what color it will end up being and if youll be able to see the actual ash or if it will just be black and a disappointment.

I wonder if this was pressed at the same plant as the other colors or if this was pressed at the plant that presses vinyl with the human ashes?

I'm assuming grey. It'd be cool if it was clear and you could see the ashes mixed in.

I just find it funny how on one hand some people will blame the bible for the crusades and other monstrosities but at the same time will go absolutely ape shit when the media starts blaming hardcore/punk music and/or video games when some kid goes on a murder spree. They are both pieces of literature/art, why the double standard?

The bottom line is books don't kill people, people kill people.

but lots of people kill lots of other people because a book said so, or because their book is a different book than the one telling the other person the same thing.

It's a vicious cycle, arguing about it is just stupid.

The idea of religion came about in simpler times* as rational explanations to things that occurred before there were scientific answers for those happenings...but people that believe in those answers think that if you (ie: everyone) don't believe those answers are true, then you must be a soulless sociopath who will do anything to anyone for any reason. And also the other people who have a different omnipotent being in the sky they believe in are wrong (ON SOME LEVEL)

To believe and have absolute faith in whatever your personal omnipotent being is, means that in your head that is the only omnipotent being controlling everything. So another person who believes in another omnipotent being controlling everything, they're inherently wrong (ON SOME LEVEL(and vice versa)), because if you have absolute faith and believe in multiple omnipotent being's with different stories on how the earth was created (not to mention how long ago it was created) then your omnipotent being has to share control and in religion...you cannot have that...unless you're into Norse or Pagan/Greek mythology...

*=except for Scientologists....your religion is based on a really bad science fiction writers really cheesy and bad, even for the time it was written sci fi story with an author with a god complex, obviously.

I just find it funny how on one hand some people will blame the bible for the crusades and other monstrosities but at the same time will go absolutely ape shit when the media starts blaming hardcore/punk music and/or video games when some kid goes on a murder spree. They are both pieces of literature/art, why the double standard?

The bottom line is books don't kill people, people kill people.

dumb comparison. while some wackjobs doing stupid shit are into underground music... you rarely see someone, i don't know say... committing genocide because a misfits song commanded it.... whereas the catholic church did order tons of horrific things to happen in the name of its holy book.

The point is I could perform genocide right now in the name of a Misfits song, but would that make the song wrong or me wrong?

You are projecting all these horrible things onto a piece of literature, a piece of literature that can be interpreted in a multitude of ways.

Charles Manson (a wack job) wanted to start a racial war and sanctioned murders based off a Beatles song. How is that any different then a few Popes/political leaders (that were wack jobs) starting a holy war and sanctioning murders?

Yes the scale is different but I would be willing to bet if Manson had the resources of the Popes he would have murdered millions as well.

but lots of people kill lots of other people because a book said so, or because their book is a different book than the one telling the other person the same thing.

It's a vicious cycle, arguing about it is just stupid.

I agree 100%. I am by no means defending the catholic church or organized religion, they both have sanctioned horrible, horrible things. I just think it is important to realize that in the end it is people performing those things, not a piece of literature, not a song and not a video game. Evil people will use anything in their power to gain control and cause destruction.

The idea of religion came about in simpler times* as rational explanations to things that occurred before there were scientific answers for those happenings...but people that believe in those answers think that if you (ie: everyone) don't believe those answers are true, then you must be a soulless sociopath who will do anything to anyone for any reason. And also the other people who have a different omnipotent being in the sky they believe in are wrong (ON SOME LEVEL)

I think in many cases this is correct but at the same time I think generalizing all religious people into one group is dangerous. I consider myself a spiritual person and I believe there in some kind of higher force yet I still believe in evolution and general scientific findings.

To believe and have absolute faith in whatever your personal omnipotent being is, means that in your head that is the only omnipotent being controlling everything. So another person who believes in another omnipotent being controlling everything, they're inherently wrong (ON SOME LEVEL(and vice versa)), because if you have absolute faith and believe in multiple omnipotent being's with different stories on how the earth was created (not to mention how long ago it was created) then your omnipotent being has to share control and in religion...you cannot have that...unless you're into Norse or Pagan/Greek mythology...

I think absolute faith in anything is a dangerous thing, science included. It breeds ignorance and hatred.

Also, I'm really happy this discussion is occuring while I'm reading, "Jesus Interrupted". Of course, I'm like 30 pages in so anything I've gained from the book doesn't really apply to this current conversation (unless you want to talk about discrepancies in the gospels' telling of the crucifixion) but it gives me more interest in reading it.