Man this just made my morning...

mrc

I was at work and i heard a big crash like a car smashing. so i looked out my window and saw nothing, then went to the back office and saw a car flipped over in the middle of the street by itself. after about a minute or two there was 3 ambulances, 2 fire trucks and a couple cop cars.

Turns out there was a dude driving that must have been not paying attention and drove up the back of a flatbed semi truck trailer that had its ramps down and then drove off the side.

[image]

They had to use the jaws of life to get him out and it was a really odd way to start off my morning. nice break at work.

man that guy has to feel like a total jackass. wouldnt it dawn on you to stop once you hit an incline driving down a straight road thru downtown jacksonville. What an ass, but he looked to be okay. no blood or anything major.

back in may i was sitting in traffic and got rear-ended - some bitch wasn't paying attention and hit the car behind me and then i got sent into (under) the car in front of me

no serious damage and no injuries but the end result was my car being totalled - which toally sucked because i bought it for $1700 and i was getting like 33 mpg

although i did get $2500 from the insurance company

[image]

Guest baseball

No accident stores here, but...

I live on a one way street in the city and a couple times a month I see people turn onto my street going to wrong direction, even though it's clearly labeled one way in several places.

The "oh shit" looks on people's faces when the light a block down from me changes are priceless, when they realize 2 lanes of traffic are coming toward them. They have to quickly park on the side of the street (facing the wrong direction) and look like complete fucking morons while 5 minutes of traffic pass them.

Another time I was sitting at a light perpendicular to a one way (right turn only) behind this guy and our light changes green and he just casually makes a left turn. Rather than realizing he was facing 2 lanes of traffic going the opposite direction waiting at a red light, he just starts weaving around the cars (into the parking lane) like everything's normal and continues driving the WRONG WAY. Was hilarious, not sure how that one resolved itself.

back in may i was sitting in traffic and got rear-ended - some bitch wasn't paying attention and hit the car behind me and then i got sent into (under) the car in front of me

no serious damage and no injuries but the end result was my car being totalled - which toally sucked because i bought it for $1700 and i was getting like 33 mpg

although i did get $2500 from the insurance company

[image]

Fucking Neons are lower than so many cars...

I went under the back of another car with mine once, but not as bad as yours there...

I went under the back of another car with mine once, but not as bad as yours there...

the damage wasn't even that bad

the back barely got crunched up but it did need a new radiator and radiator supports

with the cost of labor it was more than the car was worth. but i did get $800 more than what I paid for it 6 months earlier

the damage wasn't even that bad

the back barely got crunched up but it did need a new radiator and radiator supports

with the cost of labor it was more than the car was worth. but i did get $800 more than what I paid for it 6 months earlier

The new MINIs are like that, their radiators are right up front low against the front air damn. I ran over a random piece of tire and was so lucky not to need to replace my radiator.

I have some effed up crash stories from when I was a police reporter. I saw some wild shit. Too many to get into now. But, after a while, you get a bit numb to it. I think the worst was a story I did on a lady (who was mentally disabled) who got hit by a garbage truck crossing the street. The truck took both of her legs off. By the time I got there they were just getting her out from under the truck and the cops were putting her legs into bags to go to the hospital with her. I'm pretty sure she lived. Never saw so much blood in my life.

The new MINIs are like that, their radiators are right up front low against the front air damn. I ran over a random piece of tire and was so lucky not to need to replace my radiator.

On classic Minis the radiator is on the side where it does wonders

[image]

the gearbox is also about 8 inches off the ground