White Stripes Vinyl Reissues

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. How does these new ones sound compared to the originals?

I've never heard the originals. I owned all these on CD in high school and that's my only experience with them until this morning. But these sound amazing. I really wish they had done 2xLP @ 45RPM. But listening to these gives me a new appreciation for the level of minimalism versus the complexity of the music. There's so much space and breathing room in the songs. Sometimes it's not always about the music, but the silence as well, and Jack seems to be a master of that. Despite their sometimes random or improvised and playful nature, there's no way any of it could be a coincidence.

Man I guess I should have pre-ordered all 3 to get a tri-color!!

I got the first 2 so far and no tri-color, I even had them shipped to my house with an address of 333. Come on Third Man, you bought your studio at that address, hook a brother up!

As far as the sound. I have both SFTRI pressings and V2 pressings and XL pressings. I think the sound is a bit better on these, the range seems to be better. I will do a good check soon and play one vs the other..

The artwork is real nice, the blacks are blacker, while it is just a copy of the original release, the are very nice, very vibrant in comparasion.

• 2 weeks later...