White Stripes Vinyl Reissues

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb. So glad I'm not a fan of this band, I'd be really pissed if I was.

Colored vinyl... it's important.

Actually this is pretty cool, anyone who has followed WS and Jack Whites rambling blogs over the years knows he is really big on community and talking to people in real life. That's why you see special releases for people who actually get out of their house and go to the record store. It goes back to the old days, you know, before the internet and before you could just get on eBay or order records online.

Yeah its a bummer for those of use who don't live in the area, but its great for those who do. Just imagine if you have been a big fan of this guy since pre-2000. I've spent years coming to terms with the fact that I can no longer get all their releases at a decent price. It's just not possible, but its fun to try...

Sure is nice to see that Third Man is making these available online.

I think it's more like, "umm, hey Jack, we are losing a shit ton of money not selling some of these things on eBay."

I think Thirdman should have 1 charity auction for each special release they put out. Give something back to the community.

Colored vinyl... it's important.

Actually this is pretty cool, anyone who has followed WS and Jack Whites rambling blogs over the years knows he is really big on community and talking to people in real life. That's why you see special releases for people who actually get out of their house and go to the record store. It goes back to the old days, you know, before the internet and before you could just get on eBay or order records online.

Yeah its a bummer for those of use who don't live in the area, but its great for those who do. Just imagine if you have been a big fan of this guy since pre-2000. I've spent years coming to terms with the fact that I can no longer get all their releases at a decent price. It's just not possible, but its fun to try...

I wasn't saying the colored vinyl was a bad idea, haha, I was replying to the guy that was saying he'd be pissed if he was a White Stripes fan.

God. I wish I could justify that thing. Maybe my dad will get it. Our White Stripes/TMR collections battle back and forth. Maybe I'll just inherit it from him.

Pictures???

I justify by not thinking about it. And calling it an investment.

I wish I had pictures. He spends all his free time on ebay. He's scored a few of TMR's SXSW 8"/13"s and some other rarities. The only way I can keep the man on the phone when I call him is to mention whatever new shit TMR is churning out. hahaha