Please tell me you guys remember...

tylerrr

Oopsie Daisy. this evil little shit. my parents had to take the voicebox out because i was terrified of it. it would cry at like 130db. no joke. this doll was more metal than you.

[image]

and here's the game I blame for single-handedly turning me into a nervous, anxious, medicated mess. IT'STOOMUCHPRESSUREAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

[image]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was friends with this kid down the street growing up who was totally spoiled. Anything that came out he got. He had those food fighters, I never did. They were kinda weird because the bodies were like a real soft plastic, like a dog toy almost but the arms were hard. Just a random throwback.

He also had the dick tracy toys from the 90s movie that I loved. I bought a set off someone for super cheap and they were all still sealed. Brought back memories.

I still have all my he-men and star wars toys at my moms house. Some Thundercats too. Everything else is long gone.

I used to love MUSCLES too. They came in all different sets but my favorite was the garbage can because you didn't know who you were going to get.

No shit. What was it, like $2.50 for that thing? And you got like 6 of the little bastards.

The sad thing is, I'll admit it - even though I'm not one of those dorks that usually buys this shit as an adult, I'd probably still drop that on them sometimes if they were brought back. $3 for some cheap laughs? Why not?

I used to buy toys all the time, as I grew into my 20's. Haven't lately. Some of the He-man toys they put out not so long ago were cool and made me want to buy them but I had to pass. I would totally buy a garbage can of MUSCLES though and Army ants. I used to have one, lonely Army ant kicking around the apartment somewhere. If I ever find it, it's yours.

Upon further reading, you got 10 MUSCLEs in a garbage can. But yeah, even though the level of useless junk in my life sends me to near panic attacks on occasion, I still find amusement in these things. I had tons of GUTS, too, which were about the same size. They were like little green army men but made from PVC and way more detailed. It's weird, because we lived on base, I was mostly relegated to receiving the toys that the PX (that's Post Exchange) carried. Which was not always the most mainstream shit, and was usually a pretty paltry selection. So while I have fond childhood memories of GI Joes and stuff like that, I never owned any He-Man or Ghostbusters or a lot of cool stuff. Instead I had GUTS and MUSCLES, which earned me some "what the fuck are those things" looks from my cousins.

Also odd!

I was not allowed to have much by way of NERF guns, for no other reason that my mom said I'd lose all the darts and it would be no fun anymore. So instead I got water guns.

Knowing this, my wife thought it would be funny to buy me a NERF Maverick last year as a stocking stuffer. Good times happened. Then I took it to work and hid it in my desk. I saw the reflection of my friend who was visiting from out of town walking up behind me in in the mirror. so I busted the gun out and shot him 6 times. He laughed hysterically. After I got out of work late that night, we went out to dinner...then to Meijer, where we both dropped a ridiculous amount of money on NERF bullshit to shoot at each other with in the snow. We both have quite a little arsenal between us now, and I have no doubts that this Xmas will be a rematch of epic proportions.

...yep.

I didn't like the belt personally.

[image]

There were these awesome things I had when I was like 9 that I can't remember the name of. they were metal figures but the bases were tops and you put them in these little hand held launchers and there was a big bowl shaped area you'd try and knock your friends guys out of.