Photo: The Gamits "Parts" vinyl

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

As you can see from the photo, today, the Gamits "Parts" vinyl arrived. There is a bit of confusion, too. We were supposed to receive 200 copies on “plaid mix” – blue, white, red and black mixed. As you can see from the photo though, it looks as though we got “parts” – blue and white swirl and “logo” – red and black swirl. I am sure that it sounds equally amazing on whatever color you end up with, but I sent an email to Paper and Plastick to figure out if the Plaid color was made. I hope to get an answer tonight/tomorrow and after I do so, i will decide what to do. I am sorry about any confusion as I have already begun printing out shipping labels. Once I know what is up for sure, i will let you know. The records do look great though.

I wonder if the plaid is the "gray and black shimmer" P&P has in their store. I think I remember reading in another thread that they added another color to their listing. Not sure if it was that one or not.

Whatever color I end up with is alright with me. Although I admit I was curious as to how the plaid mix would turn out.

So as per Virgil's email, those of us who ordered the plaid vinyl are getting the red/black swirl, and those who ordered the red/black swirl from Paper & Plastik are getting the plaid.

I'm fine with it, as the plaid apparently turned out purple and muddy.

I'd still like to figure out what that mysterious extra color is doing up at Paper & Plastik, when are we going to see pictures of each color and get the final pressing info?

I wonder if the plaid is the "gray and black shimmer" P&P has in their store. I think I remember reading in another thread that they added another color to their listing. Not sure if it was that one or not.

Whatever color I end up with is alright with me. Although I admit I was curious as to how the plaid mix would turn out.

The grey with black black shimmer i THINK is really blue with black smoke...or at least that is what I got.. a blue record with black smoke called grey with black shimmer...hence, no grey in the record at ALL

Just bought a copy of this at Twist 'n Shout today, it was the grey/blue/black shown in the first post.

Paper & Plastik shows the following color variants:

Blue and white

Blue and grey (added after pre-orders began)

Black and grey shimmer

Red and black

Are we to assume the color in the first post and the color I got at Twist 'n Shout is the black and grey shimmer? Or is it the blue and grey, that was added for some reason after the pre-orders had began?

I pre-ordered the plaid, so that means I got the red color from the first post, correct? I'm out of town at the moment (in Denver, but live in Chicago) and I didn't get my Parts shipment before I left, so I can verify which color I received.

Has anyone here ordered from Paper & Plastik yet? I'd like to get every variant for this record, but that's proving to be a little difficult at the moment...