Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

Okay, so time for some more speculation...

"He changed the rules" - What does this mean? Are Ben and Widmore engaged in some kind of war game? Or does that mean something even bigger and more significant, i.e. a change in the timeline...maybe Ben "knew" that Alex wasn't "supposed to die"? It seems like every time we start to "see things more clearly", along comes a big fat shitstorm of new revelations that only bewilder us even more. Don't get me wrong, I love all the intrigue, but damn they make it hard.

Ben can teleport? This obviously has something to do with the mysterious Orchid station (which we have not yet seen), from the logo patch on the "Dharka" he's wearing when he shows up in the desert. One would also be lead to assume that it's connected with the polar bear remains and Dharma collar we saw in the Charlotte flashback earlier this season. Not to mention the name "Halliwax"... Dr. Edgar Halliwax, to be precise - one of the many aliases used by the scientist featured in the Dharma orientation films (See: Season 4 promo "Orchid station clip"). What's with all the name changes? My theory at the moment is that he's a time traveler like our friends Mr. Linus, Richard Alpert, and maybe Widmore as well. Is there any connection between the "teleportation" phenomenon and Walt's apparent ability to "summon" things (the bird from the book crashing into the window) or appear in places he shouldn't be? I think sooooooo.....

obviously not, Einstein.

I'm going to quote Ronnie hear a bit, have you actually watched the show?

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Oceanic_Six

no, i didn't realize it was a show.. i thought it was just a bunch of websites and youtube videos people talked about.

i'll be sure to check this out, as soon as i buy a "t.v." - whatever that is

I'm going to quote Ronnie hear a bit, have you actually watched the show?

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Oceanic_Six

no, i didn't realize it was a show.. i thought it was just a bunch of websites and youtube videos people talked about.

i'll be sure to check this out, as soon as i buy a "t.v." - whatever that is

Epic fail at trying to be sarcastic.

It wasn't the first episode of the season.

I'm just stoked to finally know that Ben can control o' smoky.

Now if they'll just tell me what the fuck it is!

yeah, that was the best part of the episode. fucking INSANE.

Just as the attack started there was a glitch and my local station started running a "news at 11" ad. Lucky it was only two seconds, but everyone in my living room screamed "NO!!!!!" for those two awful seconds.

also, we know that Jin is one of the 8 who dies.

I have a suspicion that Jin isn't dead.

Correct me if there's been something that contradicts this, but I think when Sun gets off the island with the other 5 (however it happens), there are people they're forced to leave behind, and Jin is one of them. We see in other flash-forwards that they lie about how many people were on the island with them, so it's plausible that Sun and the others were forced to tell everyone that Jin (and the other people left behind) was dead, and have a memorial site (but not a grave site).

Again, purely speculation.

also, we know that Jin is one of the 8 who dies.

I have a suspicion that Jin isn't dead.

Correct me if there's been something that contradicts this, but I think when Sun gets off the island with the other 5 (however it happens), there are people they're forced to leave behind, and Jin is one of them. We see in other flash-forwards that they lie about how many people were on the island with them, so it's plausible that Sun and the others were forced to tell everyone that Jin (and the other people left behind) was dead, and have a memorial site (but not a grave site).

Again, purely speculation.

I recall that, plus other people have talked about some of the survivors being alive outside the Oceanic Six. I recall Jack talking with Hurley about it at the institution...

a little bump for this thread...

no one really talked about May 1st episode, probably

because it wasn't as amazing as Ben's story on April 24th.

all i have to say about this episode is that i want to see/know more

of Miles. what's he all about?! he definitely heard Rousseax and Karl's voices...

can he see the past?

oh, and congratulations to jack + kate, right?