Totally OFFICIAL LOST thread *spoiler alert!*

Okay, here we go since there are several different threads about Lost. Since this is going to include spoilers, feel free to speculate wildly and share any info you have. HOWEVER, if you're going to post spoilers regarding any episodes that haven't aired yet (sometimes info gets leaked), please put "SPOILERS AHEAD" at the beginning of your post and then some space before the text so that people can scroll past if they don't want to read. Let's get this rolling!

I would like to note that if anyone complaints about spoilers in this thread (other than in the situation you pointed out above) they should be shot. There should be a disclaimer on the thread "HEY RETARD, IT'S LOST, DON'T READ ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD"

That being said...

Last night's Lost was the first episode I've watched on live TV. For those of you that don't know, I watched all of Seasons 1-3 within a two week and two day timespan. It was quite the feat, but I was hooked and couldn't stop watching. I enjoyed watching it live, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in terms of suspense, although I'm sure they'll amp that up on par the other seasons. My brother and I watched it on his new 46" widescreen LCD HD-TV and I really got to appreciate how beautiful the show is.

Anyways, solid episode last night. I'm glad the flashback was focused on my buddy Hugo. He's my favorite on the show, well now that Charlie is dead.

I still want to know what the hell those people in the Antarctic that were working for Penny looking for Desmond are up to.

Lost: 1 answer, 15 more questions.

Yeah, I was late on the Lost train so I did the same thing (watched 1-3 on DVD). I love being able to watch several episodes at a time on DVD, but I also like the suspense of waiting on TV, too.

Now that they've introduced the flash-forwards, I think the "branching" aspect of the show will take on a new life. It's getting all meta and awesome and I love it. I do think that the "future" they're showing right now could turn out to be an alternate reality/time though, just because of the nature of the show in general.

"The Oceanic 6" is an interesting development.

So, to the rest of the world there were only 6 survivors (now with a level of celebrity), and it seems like they are slowing being crushed by the regret of leaving the rest of them behind.

Theory: Maybe the unattended funeral that Jack was late arriving to (in the first "flash forward", on the finale of season 3) was Locke's? He seemed like a good candidate for being one of the 6, and if he succumbed to health problems from not being on the island, it wouldn't surprise me if he had nobody come to his funeral.

I wonder who the other 3 are, of the "oceanic 6". Sawyer will probably be one. He's too popular a character not to be. Michael might be another.

I'm rambling...

great episode, I just watched it...I have to wait a while before seeing the episodes cause i download em off the net, Dutch tv is way behind and i can't wait...

so...

-who's the other 3 of the 6?

-why is Jack against going back in these flash-forwards, but in the last episode of se03 ff he was a nervous wreck and was looking for the island? (even more in the future?)

-Where was the attorney from? (Dharma?)

-What happened at the rescue? (are they still alive?, who's 'they')

-If Hurley joined Locke, why is he "rescued" ?

haha, the thing that i hate about lost is that for every answer there's like two more questions....

oh yeah, I don't solve any of the "side" puzzels or look for clues and stuff, and I don't feel like i' ve missed out...

other three? i'm guessing Claire, her baby, and Ben.

jack's ff? well, i think that it's time progression since he's been back

attorney? i would bet dharma or whoever is on the ship (which is almost surely Dharma)

rescue? beats the fuck out of me

hurley? i think that they turn on Locke over the course of the next three/four episodes

Last nights episode was a bit of a bummer. It was cool to see the Oceanic 6 part but previous seasons have all been huge shockers (last season with the others seeing the plane crash...KILLER!). This was just another episode after a long ass break.

That said, they're already shaping up the question for the season, "Who was the right group, John or Jacks?". You thought Jack was wrong last season because he kept talking about going back. Now, this season, we see that he wants to go back for the others (spurred by Hurley's comments) and Hurley even says he should have gone with Jack. So was Jack right to call those people, or was John right?

And that will be how the season plays out instead of telling me who the fucking smoke monster is.