People think I'm Cove Reber omfglulz

So my friend Joseph and I put together a little cover of Mookie's Last Christmas by Saosin for the holidays. You can hear the song here:

http://soundcloud.com/trevorpitruzzello/mookies-last-christmas-saosin-cover

I thought it turned out pretty slick and it occurred to me that other Saosin fans might enjoy it too. So I posted it on their forum:

http://www.saosin.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=3932&st=3750

Some pretty epic lulz for me ensued. How long should I let them speculate before I let them in on the truth?

i don't think you should ever post there again. or in a few weeks/months, just post another version of another one of their songs. let the speculation continue to grow. then, when spring rolls around, start a thread announcing you are, indeed, the new singer, and unveil the schedule for your nationwide summer tour.

i don't think you should ever post there again. or in a few weeks/months, just post another version of another one of their songs. let the speculation continue to grow. then, when spring rolls around, start a thread announcing you are, indeed, the new singer, and unveil the schedule for your nationwide summer tour.

this.

and also, that cover fucking rocks. your voice is sweet.

This is genius. I knew I could count on you, Dan.
that cover fucking rocks. your voice is sweet.
Hey thanks!

Guest errolwest

hahaha this! please!

you bet. i've enjoyed everything i've ever heard from you, trevor. do you have any current projects you're working on?
Thanks man! The Mookie's cover actually spawned a new project with Joey...tentatively titled "Sicilian." The concept is basically the same as the cover. Joey writes Nintendo synth tracks, I do vocals, and we autotune the crap out of it. I'll post more as the project advances.

The Nintendoness actually came from a band Joey had been working on. He played guitar and he had a drummer, but they had no bass player. So Joey programmed some Nintendo synth bass for him and the drummer to practice to. They liked the sound so much it stuck and they gave up looking for a bass player. I was actually going to sing for the project until the drummer got a job working for the Air Force which prevented us from practicing/playing shows. What was recorded exists here, with Joey on vocals:

http://www.myspace.com/theblackmountainside

Also, I don't know if I ever posted the last songs that To Russia recorded before Joey and I left the band, but here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/005hzd51q9p6i2m/2009_Songs.zip

Uh, fuck. Your voice is solid. I hate complimenting people if their voice sounds good, but that ruled.

Also, as far as the Saosin with the 'Cove' douchebag, I much much prefer the version with Anthony I downloaded back in high school. Only the Anythony versions are the ones to which I listen.