Both Menzingers albums are getting pressed

The band confirmed it this past weekend when Patron talked to them. Red Scare is going to cover Chamberlain Waits, and they announce who is finally getting A Lesson In The Abuse... released. I'm stoked as hell. Read about it here.

http://www.the1stfive.com/features/the-menzingers-interview-2010

Also discussed: Who in the band (and in Fake Problems) would survive a zombie attack, the picky guy who robbed them recently, favorite albums this year, and how funny Patron's Canadian accent is. It's a great interview. But seriously fucking stoked on the vinyl news.

I still will believe it when I see it. I spoke with them back in like June and they said they expected them to be pressed by Fest. I know it will get done eventually but I'll just wait on when.

I've been working on this release for about 2 and a half years, and we're so close to starting production, it blows my mind. You'll be seeing this no later than April 2011.

Great, RJ is doing it. Expect it to cost $45.

Hmmmm? What LP (single or double) have I ever released that has cost more than $25?

I can totally press this on thin vinyl with a shitty jacket and it'll cost you $11, is that what you prefer?

hmmm... abortions for some, miniature american flags for others.

please 'em all rj 'oh ten.

Great, RJ is doing it. Expect it to cost $45.

Hmmmm? What LP (single or double) have I ever released that has cost more than $25?

I can totally press this on thin vinyl with a shitty jacket and it'll cost you $11, is that what you prefer?

Did I exaggerate a bit? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that I feel records shouldn't even cost $25. I have never had an issue with sound or packaging from labels such as Dischord or No Idea that use "thin vinyl" and "shitty jackets."

I appreciate the fact you put this much effort and care into what you do, but at the same time I think it's extravagance for the sake of extravagance. A super thick jacket can get damaged in the mail just as easily as thin one and I've heard thick records that were mastered/pressed poorly. By pricing things like this you are turning off potential buyers (such as myself) who would love to have a record but can't afford to drop $25 (hell, even $15 is a bit much for a brand new record) plus shipping on something that isn't a necessity. In my opinion it is excessive. I wouldn't mind at all if there was a $25 deluxe version and a cheaper substitute, but I understand that would increase your cost and is quite a bit to actually pull off.

I'm glad this is getting pressed, and I'm glad that you get to do it as you appear to be a fan of the band. However, I do not have the kind of income to sustain purchasing new records at such a cost. Sorry.

Did I exaggerate a bit? Sure. It doesn't change the fact that I feel records shouldn't even cost $25. I have never had an issue with sound or packaging from labels such as Dischord or No Idea that use "thin vinyl" and "shitty jackets."

I appreciate the fact you put this much effort and care into what you do, but at the same time I think it's extravagance for the sake of extravagance. A super thick jacket can get damaged in the mail just as easily as thin one and I've heard thick records that were mastered/pressed poorly. By pricing things like this you are turning off potential buyers (such as myself) who would love to have a record but can't afford to drop $25 (hell, even $15 is a bit much for a brand new record) plus shipping on something that isn't a necessity. In my opinion it is excessive. I wouldn't mind at all if there was a $25 deluxe version and a cheaper substitute, but I understand that would increase your cost and is quite a bit to actually pull off.

I'm glad this is getting pressed, and I'm glad that you get to do it as you appear to be a fan of the band. However, I do not have the kind of income to sustain purchasing new records at such a cost. Sorry.

[image]

I still will believe it when I see it. I spoke with them back in like June and they said they expected them to be pressed by Fest. I know it will get done eventually but I'll just wait on when.

I've been working on this release for about 2 and a half years, and we're so close to starting production, it blows my mind. You'll be seeing this no later than April 2011.

I'm keeping this until April 30th.

I totally see where you are coming from, but at the same time, to continue what we do we have to price records at certain price.

Our normal LPs (besides bigger re-issues that we have to license) are anywhere from $12-$15, which I think is extremely reasonable. This record will be somewhere in that region as well.