Vinyl Fever in Tampa is closing....

yeah, i was truly bummed yesterday morning when i read it in the paper. I swung by after work yesterday and grabbed a couple things and it was packed. No parking spots, tons of people shopping, and you can tell stuff is starting to clear out.

I guess this is why they were having big holiday sales last week.

[image]

plus this story has been on the front page of tampabay.com for the last 2 days

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/soundcheck/content/tampas-vinyl-fever-close

I'm actually on a small vacation with my dad and brother in Tampa for lightning hockey this week and I swung by there today. Really cool store but I could tell it had been picked over. I got Tim Kashers LP, LP2 by SDRE, the Moon and Antarctica reissue, the RSD exclusive Iron & Wine 12" single, and that one coalesce album with the transparent packaging. That was a total blind buy, I hope I dig it. It was sad, it seemed like a rad place.

Yeah, I liked the old location on Dale Mabry, too.

Looks like the Tallahassee store is closing, too.

Vinyl Fever Tallahassee

Sunday, February 14th is the last day Vinyl Fever will be open. Everything is 60-80% off, so come pick through what's left. Thanks again for all the support over the years, say hi when you see us around!

i liked their old location better. i've only been to the new location once. i still prefer and have spent way more money at the tallahassee location.

oh, this was like 12 or so years ago. i just never liked the guys that worked there and kinda felt like stuff was over priced, but you live in Brandon and had to take what was offered. on the plus side they are still open which is more than a lot of others can say.

i guess i'm just a grumpy 31 year old who can't let things go. my true love of a record store in Tampa was Alternative Records.

oh, this was like 12 or so years ago. i just never liked the guys that worked there and kinda felt like stuff was over priced, but you live in Brandon and had to take what was offered. on the plus side they are still open which is more than a lot of others can say.

i guess i'm just a grumpy 31 year old who can't let things go. my true love of a record store in Tampa was Alternative Records.

their prices are relatively fair in my opinion. not much markup, and every now and then you can find some sweet records for cheap there (got a brand new copy of Weezer-Make Believe for $8 a few months ago). Mojo is marked up more imo. maybe give them another shot

I loved Blue Chair, too.

That was back when Ybor wasn't a mall.

I worked at Ybor Pizza & Subs for a little while.

Remember that place?

The Tampa area used to be a must stop for all things vinyl. Vinyl Fever is more or less that last of an era that included Blue Chair and cripes, was it called 403 Chaos? I saw some awesome shows there including one where a certain Tampa gentleman ran around wrapped in barbed wire.

their prices are relatively fair in my opinion. not much markup, and every now and then you can find some sweet records for cheap there (got a brand new copy of Weezer-Make Believe for $8 a few months ago). Mojo is marked up more imo. maybe give them another shot

Not to mention the $4 Japanese Audiophile copy of Kilroy Was Here!