Miles Davis - Kind of Blue HELP

jgel

is there a good review site to help pick which pressing?

i heard some of the miles davis reissues were bunk but no idea which ones...

Could not find a specific review site. I went to every site that sold a version and read reviews. The Music on Vinyl 180g (blue or black) had good reviews, but I could find nothing but GREAT reviews for the Classic Records 200g. Despite that I got the Blue 180g.

i think it is the Prestige reissues that are the ones supp to be not good.

the blue Music on Vinyl is still 50 bucks w/ shipping where i saw it...

where did you find them?

the Classic one is 70 bucks before shipping on elusive disc...

The Classic is $50 at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DUMHA2/ref=s9_simh_co_p15_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=170XBY8MGE8KWPPKSP4E&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1280661682&pf_rd_i=typ01

I ordered the Blue Vinyl 180g from Juno records, but it shows out of stock now?

The black 180g is everywhere.

heads up to you "audiophiles" -

very little of the actual range and quality of sound on a record is produced by the thickness. The grooves on a standard weight record are as deep as the grooves on a 180g record. Some of the same plates are used from weight to weight with these reissues.

is there some truth to it? yes

is it a still a giant moneymaking scam? yes.

the music on vinyl package is pretty darn nice. dark blue almost purple vinyl. cool gatefold jacket.

haven't listened to it.

only thing bummed me out is some seam splits on top of jacket. shipped from music direct/fedex and packaged pretty well so can't really complain too much. still a bummer for a $50 record tho.

the music on vinyl package is pretty darn nice. dark blue almost purple vinyl. cool gatefold jacket.

haven't listened to it.

only thing bummed me out is some seam splits on top of jacket. shipped from music direct/fedex and packaged pretty well so can't really complain too much. still a bummer for a $50 record tho.

Dude I'm sorry that sucks. I would be pissed.

you lnow, my Classic 200g "Queix" Donad Byrd Fuego was kinda noisy too. I wonder if it's the case where it needs to be played a few times to get into the 'groove'. Or cleaned maybe. I'll be curious to hear what the Kind of Blue sounds like when it comes. And the 180g one when I play it.

you lnow, my Classic 200g "Queix" Donad Byrd Fuego was kinda noisy too. I wonder if it's the case where it needs to be played a few times to get into the 'groove'. Or cleaned maybe. I'll be curious to hear what the Kind of Blue sounds like when it comes. And the 180g one when I play it.

I want to clean it to see if that helps. However, laziness.