odd ebay question

Have you ever bought anything and had it delivered? Just happened to me. It's kind of weird, I didn't ask for that, dude was just like 10 min away, however there's like 10" of snow right now.

Does anyone else find this odd? I wouldn't have minded as much had I been contacted first, but it just seems so weird.

That first sentence threw me off...my reaction was like "Of course I always have shit I buy from eBay delivered!"

But then you expanded...

I know what you mean though. I've had a few local purchases where I have either met the person and paid them there. Some flat out refuse to do it though. The bank on jacking up the shipping costs to make some extra and cover some of the fees...

I used to sell a bunch of stuff on half.com a few years back, and someone who lived literally two minutes from my apartment bought something, so I just threw it in an envelope and stuck it in his mail slot on the way home from work the same day. I bet he was a little surprised.

Guest scriptedrain
I've gone with dad to pick up coral/fish he bought off ebay. Some guy drove all the way from somewhere in Illinois to pick up a ladder from us once, was like a 6 hour drive.

Did you tell that story when this board first went up? I remember someone talking about some epic fish tank and stuff they bought.

I've gone with dad to pick up coral/fish he bought off ebay. Some guy drove all the way from somewhere in Illinois to pick up a ladder from us once, was like a 6 hour drive.

Did you tell that story when this board first went up? I remember someone talking about some epic fish tank and stuff they bought.

I think that was chiefwahoo, actually, but my memory is fading...

Guest genericinsight

Never happened to me, though once I did bid on something from someone who was located within my zip code. I didn't win the item but if I had, it would have made sense for the person to just drive or even walk over and drop it off since they were probably real close to where I live. Though I'd like to be contacted first if it ever does happen - having someone just randomly show up at your door is a little strange.