Stamped labels

Ok, so here's the deal. I want to rubber-stamp some central labels for a 7" before pressing the records.

The guy who's selling me the labels said: " My concern is if the ink you are rubber stamping with will hold up under the heat and pressure that the labels are subjected to. You may not be happy with the end result"

Have any of you guys done this before with a record? Please, some advice! Thanks in advance!

Ok, so here's the deal. I want to rubber-stamp some central labels for a 7" before pressing the records.

The guy who's selling me the labels said: " My concern is if the ink you are rubber stamping with will hold up under the heat and pressure that the labels are subjected to. You may not be happy with the end result"

Have any of you guys done this before with a record? Please, some advice! Thanks in advance!

get blank labels from the plant then stamp them after you get the records, but you need to get a special grade of stamp ink otherwise it won't dry; as standard labels are glossy and regular ink is made for paper absorption, so it needs to be alcohol based.

http://www.monkeyhousehobby.com/guides/inkguide/

Why would you do it before pressing the records?

Because the surface in the center of the record is not completely flat. I have tried to do this a couple times and I don't like the results.

A lot of labels are actually printed on the uncoated side. I'm pretty sure that Imprint switched over to that route. Something to do with the humidity. EITHER WAY... if you get the labels in advance, just stamp the uncoated side. PERHAPS you could even get the plant to TRY it on the test pressings. Yeah?

what everyone else said. the special inks/papers they use already are extremely touchy, the image from a label can transfer to the stamper and then the next several records, especially if the amount of ink is different from label to label... not to mention you won't find a plant that will let you do this. if by some crazy chance you find one that will try, i'm sure they won't guarantee it'll work at all.