Ryan Adams to Re-issue "Love Is Hell" on Vinyl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it's so they can fix the potentially shit sound this thing would've had.

the release scheduled for september (hank williams i think) is still coming out. there were some murmurs on RAA about it possibly being about ryan signing to capitol, but i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, since ryan has already cut ties with universal/lost highway.

• 4 months later...
Just realized this never came out... I've got the 10"s but they're all beat up, I was looking forward to having another copy.

Also does anybody remember if they had a pre-order for this? If they did I'm pretty sure Lost Highway owes me some money.

I dont think there was a preorder. I know Ryan was really disappointed with the quality of those LH 10th anniversary pressings. Not sure if he had any say in whether or not this got cancelled. Also Rock N Roll was cancelled as well.

Just realized this never came out... I've got the 10"s but they're all beat up, I was looking forward to having another copy.

Also does anybody remember if they had a pre-order for this? If they did I'm pretty sure Lost Highway owes me some money.

I dont think there was a preorder. I know Ryan was really disappointed with the quality of those LH 10th anniversary pressings. Not sure if he had any say in whether or not this got cancelled. Also Rock N Roll was cancelled as well.

Yeah that's what I figured, I'd be surprised if Ryan was the reason it didn't come out... not because he hated the quality of Gold, but because he and Lost Highway had/have such a strained relationship. My Rock N Roll is still holding up though, so I'm fine with that.

You must have got lucky (or I got unlucky). My clear Pnemonia from Lost Highway is the worst record I have ever heard (at least in terms of a brand new record).

Either you got a shitty copy or I'm not as discerning. Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Is it the greatest pressing of all time? no -- but certainly passable..

You must have got lucky (or I got unlucky). My clear Pnemonia from Lost Highway is the worst record I have ever heard (at least in terms of a brand new record).

Either you got a shitty copy or I'm not as discerning. Sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Is it the greatest pressing of all time? no -- but certainly passable..

They have huge QA/QC issues at LH. Some Pneumonia copies are shit, some are ok.