Brand New East Coast Mini-tour

I saw Brand New play in Indy a couple years back and they had to stop the show due to a girl being trampled over. So after a 45-min break & taking the girl out of the pit region, they came back and finished their set (people were not happy with the set list, booing occurred) and we left.

The next day, I opened the local paper and the girl who had to be taken out due to being trampled over, died later that night.

you sure about that? there was another instance where a girl from the street team faced some serious medical issues during a show. theres a video of it, where jesses playing an nmh cover, and eventually stops the show so she could get the right attention.

but she certainly pulled through.

im just wondering if this is the same incident with a bad story.

Brand New are nothing special life, but I would go if the show wasn't at the WORST venue in Pittsburgh!

This month alone I've already skipped seeing Jimmy Eat World and Thursday because they're playing at Club Zoo.

brand new is one of the greatest live acts out there. but for people who arent paying attention, the crowd usually makes the worst of it. ie: 80% of the crowd being those who are only there for 70x7 and jesus.

Greatest? I've seen them like 5 times now and very few were memorable.

When we saw BN/Thrice/mwY a few years ago, some girl got knocked out in the front and as the band played, I remember Jesse saying, "hey! someone help that girl" and then they stopped playing so he could basically tell everyone to chill out, enjoy the music, and be easy with one another. No 'booing' occurred, and everyone still enjoyed their set.

So far the best shows I've seen have been put on by Murder by Death and Explosions in the Sky. Hell, even Kevin Devine is up there. I don't need my face melted at a show to see it as amazing.

I'm just glad I'll get to see them again. Those pricey prices are a bitch, but I'm sure the club prices for renting have gone up and whatnot, and regardless, I know I'll have fun. I also hope that whoever sees them gets the same experience as I will -- if not, sorry.

omg i forgot mwY opened that Brand New/Thrice tour since Aaron was acting very mentally challenged with his backpack on and being so odd onstage. i only went for mwY and they were kinda balls, at least i picked up Brother/Sister on vinyl \m/

sorry, 3 better albums than YFW? seriously? YFW is their best album to me, they won't make anything remotely as good again. Deja was the first step to infinite boredom. Devil & God makes me rage that Brand New hasn't changed their name to reflect their lack of being the same band.

/queue shitfit

edit: i guess i haven't heard more than the song "At The Bottom" when it was the initial track out there to download from "Daisy" and i'm listening to the whole album now. surprising! i'm actually semi-enjoying it. and buying it from someone on the sales board.