PO: Young Widows - In And Out of Youth...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got both the red and the black from TRL.

How did that work? Did you request both when you ordered them or order them separately? Or something else entirely?

Pre-ordered early enough to get the red, then e-mailed and asked if they could add a black one to my order as well. Very helpful, they helped me out with the 7-inch as well.

In case anyone's interested, there are two awesome first presses of "Old Wounds" up on Ebay:

Amber w/ Embedded Skulls /130:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Young-Widows-Old-Wou....item2 c5ccbdf86

Red/White Swirl /200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Young-Widows-Old-Wou....ite m2c5ccbe0e0

Same person are selling both. Ships from Canada.

How did that work? Did you request both when you ordered them or order them separately? Or something else entirely?

Usually, TRL will send you color vinyl until they run out when you order directly from them, unless you specifically request black.

Well, I knew how the red would work but I was just curious about how he managed to get black also and as I suspected he just wrote them specifically to add black to the order. I doubted he would have placed two separate orders given the intense shipping cost for his region. Just wondered how he went about it.

Thanks, guys. ;)

I hate that i am now just getting into this band.

dude, i'll sell you a first press of Old Wounds if you want ;) haha.

and pics of the Bad Secrets 9" i was talking about earlier. man this thing sounds weird, tried to clean it but no luck at all on getting that gunk off the record. all 3 colors are on sale on Robotic Empire for $10 right now too, damn.

[image]

[image]

and pics of the Bad Secrets 9" i was talking about earlier. man this thing sounds weird, tried to clean it but no luck at all on getting that gunk off the record. all 3 colors are on sale on Robotic Empire for $10 right now too, damn.

[image]

[image]

I'll take you up on that offer, haha. I'll pm you near the end of the week.

[image]

[image]

I'm really curious about Bad Secrets. Is it any good? Is there a stream online somewhere?

I just want to say that I love this album so much and can't believe I wasn't sure if I was going to like it based on hearing "Future Heart" back in February or whatever. I've come to completely adore this record (and "Future Heart") and I just placed an order at TRL for a black copy. At least, I'm assuming it will be black by this point. I'm pretty confident that red is sold out.

I can't imagine him selling it for less than $18 ppd. Either way, I already got a red from a guy here and its amazingly beautiful but the handlers didn't think much of it and the jacket got pretty nicely dented. I think I'm going to end up losing my mind and buying that shirtkiller color as well. I can't get over how excellent this album is so I have to celebrate it by buying the shit out of it lol. Thanks for the heads up though.

That's disconcerting. I really just want a nicer jacket to put my red copy in since the jacket that came in got dented.

I'm really pissed off that I missed them in Chicago this month. They played the same night that Dredg and Dear Hunter played and I didn't even know about their show until the next day. I was planning on seeing them and buying the new LP at the booth but obviously that fell through. I hope they come back around soon.

I saw them in March 2010 and heard them do a demo of "Young Rivers" and loved it. Didn't know the title of it til I listened to IAOOYAL though. Such an amazing track. I actually beatboxed the drums for that song to one of the band members after the show asking if I could buy whatever record that was on and he said "That's new. Probably won't be out til next year..." I was like "shit." He probably thought I was the biggest nerd.