What is up @ P+P?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm only half way though that thread but it's awesome. they seem funnier on that board.

my MDAM story is different. Back when District Lines said they weren't going to fill the order and would be sending out refunds I was so annoyed that I was very forward with them about getting my refund. In short after calling and talking to them a few days in a row they fucked up and refunded me twice. I then turned around and re ordered it from P + P at a discounted price. So in short dealing the P + P is much nicer when they pay you to take their records.

i dunno i've heard that it's the pressing plant's fault, but i dunno...all the stories of sending the wrong colors and people not getting theirs when other people have, i dunno that can't be the only issue...

disclaimer - i've ever ordered from p and p myself so stories are all i have to go by.

I'm actually glad i never have because i can buy the RCR lp tonight when i see them and skip all this nonsense, and get it faster than half the people that ordered it months ago

If this is the fault of the pressing plants in this case, which it sounds like it is, I really hope they'll keep that in mind for future releases in terms of when they put up orders/pre-orders.

Truth. Keep in mind though that I wrote on this because they don't have jackets for Rust Belt Lights. Jackets people. Dave Hause had 90 screened jackets for a tour. If they didn't think the jackets weren't going to be ready, they should have screened jackets or something. Please...they didn't sell 500 records right away.

The other thing is that Susannah is like "oh Kevin takes care of the mailorder." So if the mailorder is the problem, why is only ONE PERSON responsible. Instead of whoring themselves on facebook and twitter and running a stupid contest or 20 questions everyday, they should all however many of them be packing orders. Grab 6 college kids from Gainsville, give them beer and doughnuts and a free record they didn't have pre-order, and get shit done right! Fuck man

/rant

This shit is ruling hard!

Whoa, the experiences in that PPMB thread are insane. I've only ordered once from P+P direct, and it was a record that was already in stock, but it seems like all their preorders take about 3 months longer than they were supposed to. I just get what I want from No Idea, it's way cheaper and I know I'll have it in a reasonable amount of time.

I can't remember if it was a preorder but when the AWS S/T 12" came out I ordered all three green variants and I got them. They were a bit slow but I live in Australia so I can't expect much.

Recently I've been tossing up getting the three brick coloured represses but after reading this I'm really not so sure.

I never got my make do and mend LP (creamsicle). Now i´am waiting for my red city radio lp, but this is my own fault to order twice from them... I think i will never see the red city radio LP too.

I pre-ordered the RCR LP back in early February, too. I received e-mails from the label in April and May promising that the orders would start shipping "very soon," but I still didn't get mine. I finally sent them an e-mail threatening to file a PayPal dispute and get my money back, and I had my record the next week. They said that "they only had one person shipping out OVER 1000 of these pre-orders, and he was working as fast as he could." I found that interesting, especially since only 1000 copies of this LP were pressed between the four colors, and I would guess that quite a few people ordered multiple colors!

I never got my make do and mend LP (creamsicle). Now i´am waiting for my red city radio lp, but this is my own fault to order twice from them... I think i will never see the red city radio LP too.

I pre-ordered the RCR LP back in early February, too. I received e-mails from the label in April and May promising that the orders would start shipping "very soon," but I still didn't get mine. I finally sent them an e-mail threatening to file a PayPal dispute and get my money back, and I had my record the next week. They said that "they only had one person shipping out OVER 1000 of these pre-orders, and he was working as fast as he could." I found that interesting, especially since only 1000 copies of this LP were pressed between the four colors, and I would guess that quite a few people ordered multiple colors!

No its not that. Its that they had multiple releases. Please see my rant. 1 man should not do "1,000" orders alone...

I pre ordered RED CITY RADIO - DANGERS OF STANDING STILL in back in February, Half Blue Half White.. it showed up today but the wrong color... they sent me the light blue one... anyone know who I can contact besides filling out the form on the P+P website?

Thanks!

Got an email back saying they will get this mix up all sorted out....... hmmm.... I damn well hope so , cause this light blue one sucks.. GREAT ALBUM but I would have never chosen the light blue variant.

Anyone with issues heres the email - [email protected]