cool shit you find @ thrift stores, yard sales, et

idk, mine is in bad condition and it hasnt been there a month. I brought it home and it stopped working so i brought it back and its been there like 3 weeks now. Imm guessing they dont know whats wrong with it or cant fix it. When I brought it in the first time they said there was water damage but I told them that it worked fine. But they fucked it up, and i had a ton of records stacking up that I wanted to listen to so i just bought it

The majority of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. i rarely buy clothing new (except for band shirts). Always cool to find a unique style that you can't find in a new clothing store.

Yeah, that sucks. I still would have called them and said "wtf...If you are going to take forever than give me a receiver out of the shop to borrow while you take your sweet time" or something like that. I'm don't go from "zero" to "asshole" in a couple days but weeks to fix a receiver sounds ridiculous.

But I guess having a backup isn't a bad thing either. As long as you are happy with it. Not how I would play it, though.

You know one time a guy said he was going to fix my car. Gave him $100 upfront, then he proceeded to do nothing to my car, and moved it to another shop. He calls me telling me that the car was giving him trouble, and that it would take a couple of weeks. I find out a month later that he is filing bankruptcy and if I didn't get my car then it would belong to the bank, fun stuff, right? Oh, and the car hadn't been touched under the hood. Ended up paying another $100 to tow my car back to another mechanic.

Lots of cool owl stuff mostly. Found some great records at various garage sales. Quicksand slip for $6? hells yes.

I like old creepy things, really old Halloween decorations, etc.

Also each year we go to the cabin and shoot things/blow them up. Mannequins, those big religious light up Xmas decorations, etc. Anything we can stuff a pipe bomb into or empty several clips is fair game. Bigger the better. We hit up yard sale for the week prior to going and stop at any we see along the way.

This is a great idea. God damn... I think you just gave meaning to my life.

Years back, as in while I was still dating Emily, I got about 5 Disintegration era Cure posters for a cool $2 at a garage sale in my neighborhood, one of them being a gargantuan Boys Don't Cry black and white one. Currently, I think I've sold off two or three of them by now.

I picked up nick Cave's The Good Son and a Sonic Youth's Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star on blue vinyl for a buck each.

And another old-as-hell find was going to the flea market and walking out with three Godspeed You! Black Emperor 12"s and Five Stories Falling by Thursday for $4 each.

Oh, and I found PiL's 12" single for "Rise" at the Brown Elephant in boystown in Chicago a while back. Spun it quite regularly 'cause I love that fucking song.

Found an Arma Angelus shirt at the same place, along with a lot of other band shirts that i either resold or kept 'cause I knew I'd never find them again.

The "Fall Out Boy Is A Gang" shirt is one I can't fit into now, but once I lose weight, I'm wearing that every fucking day.