mrc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse
i feel so lame having only 20

everyone has to start somewhere

yeah. it's been a month and a half so i'm not too stressed. i just need a job so i can continue!

Guest scriptedrain
About 6500, plus 1500 7"s, but been collecting for 30 years almost.

that list will be fun to create if you dont have one.

And slightly painful / carpal tunnel-inducing.

- Jeff

that list will be fun to create if you dont have one.

- Jeff

Got a list, that I started about 4 years ago, took me mon ths to set up though - had about 4500 at the time.

I thin k I''m different to a lot of people here in that Idon't collect multiple colours or test pressings etc. I just try to buy what I want, but always on vinyl, where possible.

Pete

- Jeff

I thin k I''m different to a lot of people here in that Idon't collect multiple colours or test pressings etc. I just try to buy what I want, but always on vinyl, where possible.

Pete

Me too. I only own multiple copies of a few records and I'd be willing to trade almost any of them for stuff I don't have. I kind of think buying all the colors, etc. is a little nutty, but who am I to judge? Whatever makes you happy.

Guest scriptedrain

Nice to see a couple collectors who aren't into buying all the colors and pressings. I don't hate on people who do that, and I have a couple doubles myself, but it seems excessive in a lot of cases. The important thing is owning the album and enjoying the music, for me. I understand collecting and wanting to own everything, too, but just saying.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
Apparently I need to start selling my body, or get a higher-paying job. I have no idea how some of you can afford so many...I'm at about 60.

Then again, moving from the shops of Minneapolis to Boise sure hasn't helped.

I've been to a Minneapolis record store once and it was glorious. Living in Fargo, there's one option for records and it just opened and is owned and operated by one guy.

- Jeff