WRESTLEMANIA

I watched WCW back in 97-00 or so. It sucked after 98.

I also watched WWF during this time and it was always pretty awesome. The Attitude era was of course, amazing.

Even after Austins heel turn the WWF was awesome, mainly because Austin was an awesome heel.

All in all this WM was pretty...meh. It's no X-7. But none of them are! I'm just glad Cena didn't win. What a boring bastard.

So you are in a room of dudes watching wrestling getting pumped up for Snooki?

about 7 dudes and a lesbian. were a bunch of stoners who love pro wrestling ufc and football. we also watch the funniest television we can find- and jersey shore fits right in.

and we listen to taylor swift and hall & oates together.

and its a ton of fun, because we dont give a fuck.

but anyways- wrestlemania was fun. it always is, because no matter whats going on, youre still watching the wwe's super bowl. the biggest problem with tonights show was that there was never a big surprise. we pretty much got everything that was advertised, and as such, the matches all went as expected.

but its also tough to give them a hard time for that, because we still got stunners & beers, and rock bottoms & elbows. and they even revved up the good ol' days of the attitude era but putting JR on the mic and letting trish stratus flaunt the very frame that got many boys of my age through adolescence.

I contemplated getting the PPV but wasn't it like $55? The card didn't look that good and part of the fun of a PPV is following the story lines up to the PPV and I just can't stomach WWE anymore. I turn it on Mondays and walk away from the TV.

A few things:

There's a PPV here in the Fall which already has ring-side seating sold out. I think it's Hell in a Cell. I'll probably start watching two months before just so I can know what's going on. Live shows, especially PPVs, are quite fun.

WWE is making that turn again to being kid friendly. This is obvious with Cena being the big face, therefore he cannot be a thug but a patriot, dropping the name 'FU' for his finisher, etc. WWE is doing nothing but kid movies. It's been happening for a few years. The demographic is switching. If you notice, the weekly shows have TVPG as the rating when it was TV13 for many years.

Also, I'm annoyed that someone can be on TV for 3 years and be a world champion. Like The Miz. Worst gimmick ever. Okay not ever. But bad, though.

Plus, title changes are nuts. Cena and Edge are like 9 or 10 times champions. It took Ric Flair 30 years to be a 16 times world champ. I think HHH is the next closest and I don't think he would venture that many more belts just so he won't surpass Flair because of their real life friendship.

I've realized I've said too much.

well all of that family-friendly tv is all thanks to linda mcmahon deciding to go into politics. it sucks, but all we can really do is just accept it, and take what we can get.

i can tell you havent kept up with the road to wrestlemania, because they had some incredible episodes of raw leading up to tonight. guest appearances through the roof, and some very solid matches and mic work.

but one of the biggest story lines through all of it is how the rock is here to (hopefully*****) FIIINALLLYY destroy john cena's spot as the loveable face of the franchise. the fanbase has always had a split opinion of cena, because kids dont know any better, most fans are sick of the same angle, but he still performs his ass off.

but for the first time since he really took on such stardom- last monday night he was booed by an entire audience. the rock has been smearing his image for about a month now, and people couldnt help but lose their shit when rocky finally took his ass out tonight.

like is said, hopefully this is the end of cena as weve known him. no other wrestler has successfully drawn out the same character for such a long time. even taker was the american badass, the rock went corporate, and triple h always had dx to switch things up with.

and how can you say that about miz?? that dudes story is amazing. he made an ass out of himself declaring himself a world champion back when he was a drunk on the real world. but then he was actually able to persue that, and achieve the talent of a world champion caliber star. great energy in the ring, and hes a genius on the mic. the "awesome" thing may be cheesy, but he really is awesome.

I wish the Taker/HHH match actually had some flow to it. It was just spot-rest, spot-rest. Literally zero actual wrestling. I know coming off two amazing WM matches with HBK that this one wouldn't live up, but it *really* didn't live up.

Snooki was surprisingly awesome.

Bummed that Daniel Bryan/Sheamus got bumped to a dark match. I was really excited for that.

Yeah I was underwhelmed with this show. I don't get all the Taker/HHH love going around. For me, the best matches of the night were Edge/Del Rio and Punk/Orton. Also bummed about Danielson/Sheamus getting bumped. FUCK THAT.

Totally agree with you. The ending to Taker/Triple H was awkward, but the rest of the match was pretty decent. i liked Edge/Del Rio but was totally surprised that it opened the show. It seemed like there was a lot of filler and low points in the show (8-man tag, Lawler/Cole, mixed tag match, etc.) My favorite match was probably Punk/Orton.

yeah, the taker triple h match did seem to end abruptly. none of my friends seemed to have a problem with it, but with all the near falls and everything, it was surprising to see him end it with the gogoplata. but i do have to give them credit- undertaker is old as fuck at this point, and triple h hasnt put on an entertaining performance in 5 years. so you had to expect a slowly paced match with a lot of rest holds and injury time. i thought they limited that well. but it didnt help that their entrances nearly took up a half hour of our time.

honestly, one of my favorite matches had to be the 8-man corre match. they knew nobody really gave a fuck about that story, and didnt mess around. straight to the punch, with everyone having their own cool spot. kofi, ftw.

[image]

SNOOKI SLAM!