PO: The Wonder Years - The Upsides (repress)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$40 isnt bad for all 4, but wtf would someone do with 4 copies of this record?

I have 8 different copies already and plan on getting these 4 when i have the money.

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Boston Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Cincinnati Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Philadelphia Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Run For Cover Records | [/450]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Blue | Run For Cover Records | [/200]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Orange | Run For Cover Records | [/300]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Test Press | Run For Cover Records | [11/20]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | White | Run For Cover Records | [/400]

I have a crazy amount of TWY records really, especially to say i'm from the uk, check my tradelist

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/leeburgess

Jeff should be proud!

Guest vinyldoa

I think I remember hearing something about get stoked on it being remastered, anyone else? maybe a vinyl release would come with that?

I think I remember hearing something about get stoked on it being remastered, anyone else? maybe a vinyl release would come with that?

They did four remasterd songs that came as a free download with The Upsides...so I don't think that is a part of it unfortunately...I love the song What If We Swam Into Nothing though...would love to have a copy of this album on vinyl, and I know it would sell because everyone wants it really bad!

They did four remasterd songs that came as a free download with The Upsides...so I don't think that is a part of it unfortunately...I love the song What If We Swam Into Nothing though...would love to have a copy of this album on vinyl, and I know it would sell because everyone wants it really bad!

I'd like this really bad. But you know this would just involve you spending another shitload of cash on every variant, right? ;)

I'd like this really bad. But you know this would just involve you spending another shitload of cash on every variant, right? ;)

True dat sir...but it would be worth it!

$40 isnt bad for all 4, but wtf would someone do with 4 copies of this record?

I have 8 different copies already and plan on getting these 4 when i have the money.

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Boston Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Cincinnati Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Philadelphia Record Release Show Exclusive | Run For Cover Records | [/30]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Black | Run For Cover Records | [/450]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Blue | Run For Cover Records | [/200]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Orange | Run For Cover Records | [/300]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | Test Press | Run For Cover Records | [11/20]

-Wonder Years, The | The Upsides | White | Run For Cover Records | [/400]

I have a crazy amount of TWY records really, especially to say i'm from the uk, check my tradelist

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/leeburgess

Jeff should be proud!

hit me up if ur interested in the detroit record release version

speaking of being stoked, is get stoked on it going to be pressed ever?

<3 I wish TWY would play more off that album. I love the Upsides but Fruit Punched Homie is still one of my fav jamz of all time!

When talking to Soupy about this the other day, he said he absolutely hates Get Stoked On It, and also that Fruit Punched Homie is his least favorite song, and he hopes GSOI never gets the vinyl treatment. He also said that No Sleep obv owns the rights to it, and we should stalk them, and maybe they will release it on vinyl, but TWY won't see a penny of that money anyways. (He was really cool about it, not a dick or anything, but that's what his 2 cents on the whole subject was :-[)

<3 I wish TWY would play more off that album. I love the Upsides but Fruit Punched Homie is still one of my fav jamz of all time!

When talking to Soupy about this the other day, he said he absolutely hates Get Stoked On It, and also that Fruit Punched Homie is his least favorite song, and he hopes GSOI never gets the vinyl treatment. He also said that No Sleep obv owns the rights to it, and we should stalk them, and maybe they will release it on vinyl, but TWY won't see a penny of that money anyways. (He was really cool about it, not a dick or anything, but that's what his 2 cents on the whole subject was :-[)

yeah they slowly weened off of that album so to say, but man there was nothing like goin to see the wonder years back when it was only GSOI and WBPF songs

Guest vinyldoa

I totally understand why he/they would feel that way. they're two completely different albums and there was definitely a huge change musically, lyrically and in outlook. but still, that album was great in its own way and it has some really awesome songs

I totally understand why he/they would feel that way. they're two completely different albums and there was definitely a huge change musically, lyrically and in outlook. but still, that album was great in its own way and it has some really awesome songs

Yeah, he also said that he just feels like they are a completely different band now. I told him I couldn't argue with that, but it would still be rad to have it on vinyl. He couldn't contain his laughter at how much he truly hates Fruit Punched Homie though.

Love The Wonder Years, and that would suck that they wouldn't see any money from that, but I would still buy it knowing that I would be supporting No Sleep Records. I fucking love that label...Run for cover too...They are run by great dudes and have released some seriously solid records.

GSOI is probably the worst wonder years release, but I would listen to it before I would listen to half of the CD's I own right now...haha...so bring on the vinyl treatment!!

Well GSOI was awesome.

Soupy and them started TWY as a "funny" band and just made music for lawlz. Now they writing songs about being beat down in their early 20's. I love GSOI and the other shizz.....but Upsides is solid as fawk \m/ I'm just glad I listened to them when they still played GSOI at shows :D

Well GSOI was awesome.

Soupy and them started TWY as a "funny" band and just made music for lawlz. Now they writing songs about being beat down in their early 20's. I love GSOI and the other shizz.....but Upsides is solid as fawk \m/ I'm just glad I listened to them when they still played GSOI at shows :D

were you at this set i recorded?

Bobert612 I am the asshole doing the mouth synth at the beginning of Salinger........

Remember that one opener was having people just sing random metal songs to try to kill time? lol

actually transit that let that old dude come up to do that kid dynamite cover cuz he was drunk and pissed at the music scene and yelling about it ahhaha, transit played everything they knew how to play that night along with a couple really awesome covers

Bobert612 I am the asshole doing the mouth synth at the beginning of Salinger........

Remember that one opener was having people just sing random metal songs to try to kill time? lol

actually transit that let that old dude come up to do that kid dynamite cover cuz he was drunk and pissed at the music scene and yelling about it ahhaha, transit played everything they knew how to play that night along with a couple really awesome covers

Yea I liked it a lot. TWY acoustic was def worth the wait.