PO: The Wonder Years - The Upsides (repress)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see these lasting a very long time. There's no "limited" color so that will probably take away some of the people who would buy multiple copies.

I disagree...1200 of them were already spoken for before pre-orders went up.

I'm assuming you mean different stores bought 1200 of them. You might sell them fairly quickly, but they will be in stores for awhile.

I mean no disrespect...just my humble opinion :)

i agree. no matter where those 2,000 copies are, there are still 2,000 of them. add that to however many copies were pressed the first time.

i can't imagine that many people are dying to get their hands on the wonder years.

i agree. no matter where those 2,000 copies are, there are still 2,000 of them. add that to however many copies were pressed the first time.

i can't imagine that many people are dying to get their hands on the wonder years.

What are you basing this off of? Half of their current fans didn't know who they were when The Upsides came out and it was our fastest selling release at that point. If you honestly think this release won't sell because there's too many copies (what?), or because there's 500 of each color, I just don't know what to tell you. There are a lot of people, especially with more accessible bands like The Wonder Years, who do not care how rare something is.

And maybe they will be in stores 8 months from now, that's fine. If I press something and it sells out immediately that just means I am not meeting a demand. If we sell another 2,000 copies in stores but it takes a year, that isn't a bad thing. Pressing 2,000 copies is a lot more economically sound and a lot less work than pressing 500 copies 4 times and having a release go in and out of print every month or two.