PO: The Wonder Years - The Upsides (repress)

i agree. no matter where those 2,000 copies are, there are still 2,000 of them. add that to however many copies were pressed the first time.

i can't imagine that many people are dying to get their hands on the wonder years.

What are you basing this off of? Half of their current fans didn't know who they were when The Upsides came out and it was our fastest selling release at that point. If you honestly think this release won't sell because there's too many copies (what?), or because there's 500 of each color, I just don't know what to tell you. There are a lot of people, especially with more accessible bands like The Wonder Years, who do not care how rare something is.

And maybe they will be in stores 8 months from now, that's fine. If I press something and it sells out immediately that just means I am not meeting a demand. If we sell another 2,000 copies in stores but it takes a year, that isn't a bad thing. Pressing 2,000 copies is a lot more economically sound and a lot less work than pressing 500 copies 4 times and having a release go in and out of print every month or two.

how about i base it on academy fight songs pressing of the devil & god.

a much more popular album, but a band thats notorious for having vinyl thats hard to get your hands on.

even after months of the pre-sale and release date getting pushed back (honestly, i dont know if this caused more or less hype), it still took at least 2 months for everything to sell out.

then the purple copies got released, and it took 5 months for those to sell out.

dude, im not knocking anything youre doing. like i said, i plan on buying it eventually. theres simply no sense of urgency to get my hands on it... because of the numbers.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you basing this off of? Half of their current fans didn't know who they were when The Upsides came out and it was our fastest selling release at that point. If you honestly think this release won't sell because there's too many copies (what?), or because there's 500 of each color, I just don't know what to tell you. There are a lot of people, especially with more accessible bands like The Wonder Years, who do not care how rare something is.

And maybe they will be in stores 8 months from now, that's fine. If I press something and it sells out immediately that just means I am not meeting a demand. If we sell another 2,000 copies in stores but it takes a year, that isn't a bad thing. Pressing 2,000 copies is a lot more economically sound and a lot less work than pressing 500 copies 4 times and having a release go in and out of print every month or two.

how about i base it on academy fight songs pressing of the devil & god.

a much more popular album, but a band thats notorious for having vinyl thats hard to get your hands on.

even after months of the pre-sale and release date getting pushed back (honestly, i dont know if this caused more or less hype), it still took at least 2 months for everything to sell out.

then the purple copies got released, and it took 5 months for those to sell out.

dude, im not knocking anything youre doing. like i said, i plan on buying it eventually. theres simply no sense of urgency to get my hands on it... because of the numbers.

I apologize for perhaps sounding a little more defensive than I meant to. I guess my point is, I don't think 2 months, or 5 months, or even 7 months is a long time for a record to be available in stores. In fact I know it isn't. Records aren't supposed to be hard to find, they're supposed to be available for people to buy and enjoy!

Guest vinyldoa
Actually stoked at this repress. Ordering the 4X combo pack

speaking of being stoked, is get stoked on it going to be pressed ever?