OFWGKTA East Coast Tour

yyeeahhhhh, i'll listen to them to see what the hype is about, but i'm usually not really down with people rapping about rape and murder.

That's mostly just Earl and Tyler the Creator. I'd check out Blackenedwhite by Mellowhype first. You can download all their albums for free off their tumblr, it's the links at the top: http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their music isnt about faggots rape and murder. that just happens to be some of the content.

the bullshit you guys are going on about is way more along the lines of Necro, which is some of the worst shit ever recorded.

these guys are solid MCs with a filthy flow and approach to the game.

[image]

Seriously though, i find OFWGKTA pretty entertaining. It's pretty refreshing to hear something different than the money, cars, etc. thing. While the lyrical content is pretty shocking, it's literally no different at all than old Eminem... at all. They've signaled a directional change in rap I think, and it'll be interesting to see what happens in that scene. I'm gonna try to make it to the Toronto show.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the editor of AP is an idiot who hates good things.

Seriously, we have to go to this well again? I'm not running around here yelling, "HEY GUYS, I'M THE MUSIC EDITOR OF AP, WORSHIP ME AND TREAT MY OPINIONS AS GOLD!" Fuck, the only time I ever even mention what I do for a living is when someone 1. has a question regarding it or 2 (and far more commonplace) wants to shit-talk it without having a goddamn clue about anything.

Anyway, I think Odd Future is close to unlistenable. It's not fresh or new or innovative; it's young black kids trying to act "wild" and "dangerous" for the entertainment of what has quickly become a largely white audience, like some sort of modern-day minstrel show. They're a hip-hop group "edgy" enough for Pitchforkers to like and shitty indie-rock dance night DJs to add to their iPhone playlists to play for vapid people focused more on getting their picture on whatever Cobrasnake ripoff website has popped up this week.

Forgive me if I don't want to enjoy something so phony, empty and without any sort of merit.

their music isnt about faggots rape and murder. that just happens to be some of the content.

the bullshit you guys are going on about is way more along the lines of Necro, which is some of the worst shit ever recorded.

these guys are solid MCs with a filthy flow and approach to the game.

Um... Necro - Gorey Days is pretty good. :-/

Never heard of these guys until a couple seconds ago, but just listened to one song and not nearly as bad as i was expecting.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the editor of AP is an idiot who hates good things.

Anyway, I think Odd Future is close to unlistenable. It's not fresh or new or innovative; it's young black kids trying to act "wild" and "dangerous" for the entertainment of what has quickly become a largely white audience, like some sort of modern-day minstrel show. They're a hip-hop group "edgy" enough for Pitchforkers to like and shitty indie-rock dance night DJs to add to their iPhone playlists to play for vapid people focused more on getting their picture on whatever Cobrasnake ripoff website has popped up this week.

Forgive me if I don't want to enjoy something so phony, empty and without any sort of merit.

I love what these guys are doing and do not fall into any of these categories.

Seriously, we have to go to this well again? I'm not running around here yelling, "HEY GUYS, I'M THE MUSIC EDITOR OF AP, WORSHIP ME AND TREAT MY OPINIONS AS GOLD!" Fuck, the only time I ever even mention what I do for a living is when someone 1. has a question regarding it or 2 (and far more commonplace) wants to shit-talk it without having a goddamn clue about anything.

[image]

because theres no merit to a 17 yr old kid who has the voice, chops, and flow of a 40 yr old veteran of the game.

They haven't even released a real album yet. Wait until then to write them off. Tons of hardcore/punk bands put out real shitty demos. The talent and drive and energy is there. It just needs to be harnessed. I would hate to be judged my whole life based on something I did when I was sixteen.

[image]

What a well-reasoned and mature counter-argument! I've certainly seen the error of my ways. Huzzah, internet!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':uz13tkon]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':uz13tkon]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

For anyone who is curious here are a few other songs that I recommend:

Tyler, the Creator - Sandwitches (Live on Fallon)

Earl Sweatshirt - EARL

Mellowhype - Brain ft. Domo Genesis

Domo Genesis - Supermarket ft. Ace Creator (Tyler, the Creator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga7qJ4_KdB4&hl=en&fs=1

This song is pretty goofy, but it's a fun track. First one I ever heard from OF.

The Jet Age of Tomorrow - Orange Juice Simpson

Tyler, the Creator - French