OFWGKTA East Coast Tour

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what all the hype is about with OFWGKTA; I'd much rather see a band who actually play instruments live such as, I don't know, Mumford & Sons.

This is a joke right?

oh gosh, i hope not.

its funny because he acts as if someone needs to have an instrument in their hand to be legit. aka, writing off 98% of rap and hip-hop.

its funny because of everything going on in the m&s thread

ITT: Find out who spends their nights on SG & /mu/

I don't know what these things are.

Also the "play a real instrument" comeback is stoopid. It's 2011, and people are still dismissing music that wasn't written with an acoustic guitar and a notebook? Overcome your prejudices, there is a world of music made on synthesizers, samplers and computers that blows a lot of "real musicians" out of the water. Listen to Dan Deacon, guy probably can't play a single one of his songs on an instrument but his compositional skills are amazing.

dont know sg, but /mu/ is the music section of 4chan. its usually just an assblast of people raging over animal collective, nmh, and far more hatred for anyone elses opinion than youd ever see on here.

When one of my friends showed me Yonkers I lost my shit. I love Tyler. It's vulgar sure but it's still better than a lot of the garbage on top 40 stations. I'd rather listen to Tyler say "fuck that faggot nigga BOB" and "Jesus called he's sick of all the disses I told him to quit bitchin'" and shit, I'm gay and dig Jesus. I'm not big into rap but I've been jamming Tyler and MF DOOM a lot lately.

Also, everything Alex said. The "lol this sux guys, there's no real instruments" argument is one hell of a dead horse. That was me in 9th grade and fuck I was a tool back then. I write stuff on guitar and electronically, both take effort to write something good. Even if you're 15 and still in high school there's no excuse for that, you suck for thinking that writing music without a guitar in your hand takes no talent, it's not "cool" anymore. There's hardcore bands just as terrible as some of the mainstream rap out there today and they're using these precious REAL INSTRUMENTS. Check out Telefon Tel Aviv, Madvillain, Flying Lotus or Autechre, predominantly electronic or sampled stuff (FL rules at bass and Telefon occasionally has guitar) but it still rules.

ITT: Find out who spends their nights on SG & /mu/

I don't know what these things are.

Also the "play a real instrument" comeback is stoopid. It's 2011, and people are still dismissing music that wasn't written with an acoustic guitar and a notebook? Overcome your prejudices, there is a world of music made on synthesizers, samplers and computers that blows a lot of "real musicians" out of the water. Listen to Dan Deacon, guy probably can't play a single one of his songs on an instrument but his compositional skills are amazing.

Dan Deacon was beyond terrible when I saw him at Lollapalooza.