RSD-New Jersey

This is a place for us in Jersey or on the east coast to talk and possibly trade titles this year. What is everyone doing Saturday? Obviously vintage vinyl will be huge but ill be at Eyeconik Records in Franklin this weekend. Is anybody going to Princton Record Exchange wondering if they have instores. Curmudgeons in Somerville is pretty cool too.

man, you guys had to make a thread for this?! i was so psyched on rsd for the past 3 months, and then i signed a lease for an apartment. so it looks like rsd might be on hold for me :(. my plan was to get up super early and go right to vintage, then possible swing out to princeton record exchange. now it looks like i'm gonna sleep in and avoid the board all day. haha. good luck to everyone!

^Yeah, I was upset because I thought VV would have it.

Hold Fast is getting in some goof stuff, but I only want a few things and 1/2 of them aren't at HF and only VV.

Yeah like I said I went to a couple places and managed to grab everything I wanted, however this year I'm pretty sure Siren will be getting everything I want with the exception of Touche Amore for obvious reasons

I'm going to try to get to V.V. when they open. Hopefully their line isnt too crazy. I wish they would get C&C, but they dont have it on their list. Honestly, Im not too excited for this years releases, but im still gonig to check it out. And as far as Curmudgeon in Somerville, that place isnt worth more than a 10 minute trip. Would love to go to the PREX, but its a drive for me

i can guarantee that has never happened any year because i worked there up until february of this year and worked every record store day. even the new one on black friday. if people asked for two copies we didnt give more than 1 to them. and if they somehow managed to walk up to the register with more than one of anything we only let them buy one. so if you saw people holding two copies of something they didnt actually get to buy both of them.

last year because there were so many releases we didnt have room for all of them behind the counter and have the space still be functional or be able to move around in. we had to put some of the 7"s in front of the counter in rack type things, which did lead to some people grabbing more than one of some things. i dont know if they will be using the same set up as last year but we talked about not doing it in the future, having it so people could just take what they wanted.