Vinyl Storage Solution

Hey dudes, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. My record collection is expanding quite rapidly. I now have a little bit over 125 records and was wondering if you all could enlighten me as to how I should be storing my records. Any recommendation as to where I can buy some crates / boxes / furniture to store my collection? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

Most on here will tell you to look here:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20135300

Others have various preferences, some old school people still like crates, some have found good shelves at places like Walmart or other big box stores.

Personally, I custom build all of my shelving, it's cheaper than retail and it's a fun project for me, being a nerd and all.

My best advice is to look around at different options and see what works for you and your space best.

For overflow records, the best thing I have found is the crate for an alcohol called Graham's Port. They are just over 12" wide so an LP fits PERFECTLY and you can fit about 50-60 LP's per crate.

The liquor stores here never have them but my buddy has 3 or 4 of them and they're awesome. I know it's not much of a suggestion because they're hard to find, but if you can find a crate they're worth it.

Guest vinyldoa

why don't we have a sticky topic for this? and cleaning too! we have how to choose a turntable and stuff, and people are always asking