Mortal Kombat

stoked to play it again, at PAX last year this random dude started talking to me in the Mortal Kombat line, and asked what games i was really liking, and i was all "this one is awesome!"

and then i later found out it was Ed Boon.

I got a text at 4am from a friend who is badass at MK saying he just played Ed Boon and beat him. He's good but who knows if hes telling the truth haha.

What system you guys playing it on?

I really wish they turn that video trailer into a movie.

They turned it into a web series. I am not sure if you have seen it but the second episode went up today.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=VkIoQKmEa4I&tracker=show_av

I've been quite curious about this. Think i'll check it out with that link

I've been quite curious about this. Think i'll check it out with that link

The episodes are pretty short but overall the first two have been really good. The director posted on twitter saying he wished they could be longer but they were given certain time ranges to stay in. I guess that has been most people complaint.

I also feel like this is something that will only get better as it goes on.

i'll probably rent this first.

i have MK 1 and 3 on my genesis, but i really havent liked MK 4 or anything after.

(didnt play MKvsDC)

actually come to think of it, modern fighting games in general havent been my bag. the controllers are getting far too complicated for combos and fatalities.

street fighter 4 for instance, i fail miserably, but i rock at SF2.

i'll give this a rent tho, because i am still a die hard mk fan at heart.

the first 3 arcades ate tons of my money back in the day.

They need to make a sequel or at least an HD online version of...

[image]

Yeah dude for sure! I am kinda surprised they haven't already with the recent trend of re-releasing old games to download on PSN and Xbox Marketplace.

From what I've read about it, Killer Instinct was made by Rare, who was purchased by Microsoft. Rare was supremely influential and ahead of their time when they made games like Donkey Kong Country and Perfect Dark. But have since been passed by in the tech department. They made Perfect Dark Zero, which totally bombed and Microsoft shelved all of their projects.

Essentially they locked Rare in a closet and won't let them come out. It's a real shame cause it was a super fun and addictive fighter that would be perfect for XBL. They need to do something with the property.