Solid Effect Pedals?

My new analog delay pedal came in the mail today and I'm definitely stoked over it but it's got me thinking that I really want to put a decent pedal board together.

I'm already thinking of getting a Morley Volume Pedal (Volume Swells + Delay = Awesome) and an EH Holy Grail Nano, although I had the original and it had pretty bad feedback not to mention it just up and died randomly which apparently happens a lot so if you can suggest a better reverb pedal by all means do so.

I'm not really sure what else. It's been a while since I spent way too much time in high school nerding over Musician's Friend. I'm throwing this together mostly for post rock/shoegaze/chill/experimental type tunes. I'm really just looking for suggestions on pedals good for that, though solid general use ones (other than phaser, flanger, wah, no interest in that) would be cool too since I play metal/hardcore as well. Whatever any of you can suggest would be awesome.

get a chicklet or a spring chicken.. good solid reverb pedals (especially with overdrive pedals), though they are a bit pricey, but all boutique pedals are.

pogs are good too.. there are tons of pedals to buy if you want to experiment really (oscillators, fuzz, etc etc). too many to name. depends what you really want to do.

a cool pedal to get is a probe which is like a theremin and a wah in one. it's pretty trippy and awesome.

what kind of delay did you get?

get a chicklet or a spring chicken.. good solid reverb pedals (especially with overdrive pedals), though they are a bit pricey, but all boutique pedals are.

pogs are good too.. there are tons of pedals to buy if you want to experiment really (oscillators, fuzz, etc etc). too many to name. depends what you really want to do.

a cool pedal to get is a probe which is like a theremin and a wah in one. it's pretty trippy and awesome.

I've been looking at the Small Big Muff but I'm not entirely sure if I want it, it seems like it definitely warms your tone up which would be good for mellow jams, I'm just not totally sold on Fuzz yet.

I got the Rogue Analog Delay Pedal while MF had it on sale for $30. I was a little skeptical since it was so cheap (Opposed to the MXR Delay that's $150) but it's actually really good. I could stand to have the time able to go slightly longer between delays but it's absolutely killer for the price. Plus that shit is my favorite color.

As far as what I want to do, anything that's great for warm, atmospheric and ephemeral sounds is A+ to me. If I had to say specific bands as examples, if it sounds like something Explosions In The Sky, Moving Mountains, Caspian, Deadhorse or This Will Destroy You would use, I'll definitely consider checking it out.

I've been looking at the Small Big Muff but I'm not entirely sure if I want it, it seems like it definitely warms your tone up which would be good for mellow jams, I'm just not totally sold on Fuzz yet.

I got the Rogue Analog Delay Pedal while MF had it on sale for $30. I was a little skeptical since it was so cheap (Opposed to the MXR Delay that's $150) but it's actually really good. I could stand to have the time able to go slightly longer between delays but it's absolutely killer for the price. Plus that shit is my favorite color.

As far as what I want to do, anything that's great for warm, atmospheric and ephemeral sounds is A+ to me. If I had to say specific bands as examples, if it sounds like something Explosions In The Sky, Moving Mountains, Caspian, Deadhorse or This Will Destroy You would use, I'll definitely consider checking it out.

if you're looking to get those ambient sounds. it's quite interesting to know they dont use a lot of crazy effects short of the usual stuff. they use standard eq's, loopers, dl4's, reverbs, and od pedals. nothing special. they just know how to use their equipmnent together.

if you're looking to get those ambient sounds. it's quite interesting to know they dont use a lot of crazy effects short of the usual stuff. they use standard eq's, loopers, dl4's, reverbs, and od pedals. nothing special. they just know how to use their equipmnent together.

Yeah, I mean I've got similar sounds just recording in Fruity Loops and using a only a few of the default effects, it doesn't take much more than knowing how to set your EQ, reverb and delay to get something good sounding right off the bat. I wouldn't mind trying a few extras out on the side when I have the money to blow on it (which isn't often) so there's that too. Really I think it boils down to my board ending up just having Delay, Reverb, Volume and maybe Fuzz if I settle on if I'd use it a lot or not for the majority of what I do. I'm not out to do something crazy and outlandish so like I said, I don't need phasers or flangers, at least not right now but anything else worthwhile trying after I get those main ones would be cool.

Hell I don't see why this can't just be a general guitar gear discussion thread at this point. I just wanted to get info on the specifics I wanted beforehand.

Hmm. Is the Boss RC-2 Worth it for the money? I've been on the fence about buying this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhEmferYjA

Looks good to me so long as you get some better sounding drum samples on it. $190 sounds about right for what this does, it looks versatile as hell.

Hmm. Is the Boss RC-2 Worth it for the money? I've been on the fence about buying this.

looking to get one of these too. I'm hoping the price goes down with the rc-3 out in a week.

If anyone is interested, I have the boss dd-20 for sale. Great delay, but does more than i need it to and it takes up a lot of room on my pedalboard.

That RC-2 is really nice. my old drummer had one for his rig, but used it only for samples. every now and again i'd play with it during practice. shit's dope if you know how to use it or have a need for it. i personally need a fucking midi mouse and a computer for what i want to do.

how much for the dd-20? i probably can't afford it, but i'm gonna ask anyway.

also edge, were you in need of a pedalboard. i know a place that has them for like $30-$50 (with case)depending on how many pedals you want. thinking of getting one for a 2nd one. right now i have a pedaltrain with a pedalpower II. best investment i made in a long time.

probably the worst pedal i owned was a holy grail. crappy ass reverb when using a overdrive or distortion pedal. have had a bunch of pedals over the years. the eventide digital delay is awesome, but expensive. i gave up on my dl4 because of the dropped volume issue, but found out after getting rid of it, that it could be fixed rather easily. :(

best od pedal i've had has been a fulltone ocd v3. all ihave to say is FUCK. no lost tone. nothing. just beautiful sounding overdrive. probably the best ive heard in a long time. though i hear the coolcat from dan electro is similar or a basic ripoff, but i haven't heard it or used it to compare.

I'd be happy with $150.

the practice space we use had one new for $149.99. new. total fucking fuckup on their part. i went in to buy it one day and it was gone. totally lost out.

yeah, out of my price range. besides i can probably get a ekko 616 for cheaper. not saying the dd20 is not as good, but that ekko is fuckin'nice and it's small in comparison.. good amount of options for such a small pedal.

also edge, were you in need of a pedalboard. i know a place that has them for like $30-$50 (with case)depending on how many pedals you want. thinking of getting one for a 2nd one. right now i have a pedaltrain with a pedalpower II. best investment i made in a long time.

probably the worst pedal i owned was a holy grail. crappy ass reverb when using a overdrive or distortion pedal. have had a bunch of pedals over the years. the eventide digital delay is awesome, but expensive. i gave up on my dl4 because of the dropped volume issue, but found out after getting rid of it, that it could be fixed rather easily. :(

best od pedal i've had has been a fulltone ocd v3. all ihave to say is FUCK. no lost tone. nothing. just beautiful sounding overdrive. probably the best ive heard in a long time. though i hear the coolcat from dan electro is similar or a basic ripoff, but i haven't heard it or used it to compare.

As is right now I'm looking at stopping at around 5 or 6 pedals at least for starters, I'm thinking I'll wait until I have them to get the board although it'll be a while before I get them all. I don't have too much spare money to funnel into tons of pedals since I'm still trying to save up for a new car haha. And yeah, the original EHHG wasn't too hot. If they've fixed the issues with them I'd give it another shot with the nano but going from the reviews I've seen on them lately it looks like EH is still making crappy HGs that die for no reason after a few months, bleh!

...since I play metal/hardcore as well. Whatever any of you can suggest would be awesome.

You should check out my buddy's pedal company: http://www.dwarfcraft.com/ He makes some really heavy fuzzboxes. A lot of this stuff is all about the low end retention. Boris was recently seen using a bunch of his stuff on their pedal boards/

i need to put some cash into my pedalboard. i cleaned it out, and i regret only getting rid of one pedal. need a new tuner too. still not sure if i want a strobostomp or turbotuner. need a new phase, and what not.

adrian, if you're looking into getting the ekko i know someone who's selling theirs for $120ppd if i'm not mistaken.

I always thought this pedal would be superb for post-rock. It's called the MWFX Judder.

http://www.mwfx.co.uk/shop/page/2?sessid....uw&shop_param =

This definitely looks interesting and sounds interesting. I need to check out the other pedals on the website.

I also need to put more money into a pedal board too. Need a job first though. Also need to work on fixing up my crappy epiphone into something i can use for years. Really love the action on les pauls. I've also heard of those dwarfcraft pedals and want to look into buying one.

Also will most likely be buying a RC - 2 sometimes in the next couple of months.