motion city soundtrack's?

I ordered these...I kind of wish I didn't because all of the songs are awful. I'm probably smacking it on eBay as soon as I get it.

Wow, I hope they aren't THAT bad. Luckily, I'll probably be able to get my money back on the 'bay

If anyone is interested I have an original pressing / self released version of MCS' "I am the Movie" in the 3.5" 3M computer disc package.

Can you post a picture of that???

Guest scriptedrain
anyone else order those mcs 7"s from that european site? the one where you got like two and a cd? what's the deal with those? anyone know?

I ordered this with The White Stripes - You Don't Know What Love Is bundle and they sent me an e-mail a couple days ago saying something about how they were having a problem with something not being in stock, I'm now going to assume they meant TWS. Hopefully this gets sent to me soon.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

That is fucking awesome, but I have to correct you. That's a 5.25 floppy disk (an actual FLOPPY disk). The storage on those things is ridiculously small, even in comparison to 3.5s.

- Jeff

I really want that copy of "I am the Movie," but there's no way I'd pay the eBay prices. I knew I should plunked down $40-50 before they got huge. I'm a moron...

Wow, I hope they aren't THAT bad. Luckily, I'll probably be able to get my money back on the 'bay

You can download the tunes on Oink. Heisel let me hear the new MCS record over the weekend and he said it best, "They won't make the album I want them to make anymore."

To me they sound like a boring Fountains of Wayne now. The tunes are missing the spunk of "I am the Movie," their innocent quirk has escaped them. However, there's a cover of Lifter Puller's "Plymouth Rock" that's a b-side to one of the singles that's pretty good.

You can download the tunes on Oink. Heisel let me hear the new MCS record over the weekend and he said it best, "They won't make the album I want them to make anymore."

To me they sound like a boring Fountains of Wayne now. The tunes are missing the spunk of "I am the Movie," their innocent quirk has escaped them. However, there's a cover of Lifter Puller's "Plymouth Rock" that's a b-side to one of the singles that's pretty good.

Yeah, I was really let down by all the singles they've released, and somehow I was hoping the bsides might be good. I was a big fan of I Am The Movie and thought Commit was decent. Tis a shame.

I really want that copy of "I am the Movie," but there's no way I'd pay the eBay prices. I knew I should plunked down $40-50 before they got huge. I'm a moron...

That's depressing.