bandmate advice...

so, I've always been in bands with pretty close friends so no drama would really arise, and if anything did it would be small stuff we got over quickly. Lately, with my current band, our drummer just does not seem like hes into it anymore. the deal is that the other guitarist works for forest services so he gets shipped off to other states for 2 wks at a time during the spring/summer; really at any point this is possible. This has been laid on the table multiple times and we all agree that we still think its worth it to continue even if this is the case, but every now and then the drummer seems very irked by the situation. now I understand this, but we all already agreed on the stipulations of getting this off the ground so its very frustrating when his frustration just turns into negativity and he just seems like he doesn't care about what happens, what we do, how we progress, etc...is this something that anyone else encountered? Hes an awesome dude, its just getting really saddening and puts us all in a bad mood...I'm kinda bad at speaking my mind in certain situations like this, so I'm just looking to see how anyone thinks this should be approached, thanks! :o

Guest errolwest

approach it straight on, and talk to him about it. the worst thing you can do is beat around the bush, or just not talk about it.

Guest errolwest

yeah, its tough, buuuut it is always better in the long run to be as direct as possible. things tend to blow up in your face, otherwise. haha

its very post-rocky so the parts we have are waaaay different from each other. if one guitar is missing it removes a huge chunk of the songs out of there. its not like some pop-punk band where everything is interchangeable unfortunately. but yeah I don't see it as that huge of a problem, just can be a nuisance when working on already formulated shizz