Curious Converge

I guess this is "related to vinyl" and if not... well.... LOOK AT SMILEY WITH GLASSES OVER THERE ------> 8-)

Diversion tactics are my specialty.

Anyways, does anyone find it odd that Converge did a cover of Black Sabbath's Snowblind for the In These Black Days series? I know the BAND isn't straight-edge, but the idea of a straight-edge person singing about cocaine kind of baffles me.

I was just curious as to if anyone else was puzzled by this, is now puzzled by this, or knows why they did it. I guess the straight-edge part of Converge might just really reflect the difference between straight-edge and "hate-edge".

they probably did the song because it's fucking SABBATH...but I"m willing to bet Jake will chime in at some point with an explanation.

Sabbath IS preeeeeeeeeetty fucking epic. If I can make it out to BFD this year, and manage to get some face time with Jake, I know what I'm going to ask him about.

One of my favorite Black Sabbath songs. The song is an interesting one lyrically. Typical rebellious drug worship, etc. At the time of covering for us, Ozzy and the band was a shell of of their former character because of it. For me it's an eerie premonition of their downfall and turmoil. That's the aspect of the story that is interesting for me. Thanks.

-J.

One of my favorite Black Sabbath songs. The song is an interesting one lyrically. Typical rebellious drug worship, etc. At the time of covering for us, Ozzy and the band was a shell of of their former character because of it. For me it's an eerie premonition of their downfall and turmoil. That's the aspect of the story that is interesting for me. Thanks.

-J.

Senator Bannon reporting for duty.

-J.

Way to take a song that just glorifies drugs (NO anti-Sabbathness in that statement... I definitely still dig their sound, but there's no questioning "...shell of of their former character because of it." ) and turn it into something pragmatic and meaningful.