albums you hated at first but now treasure appresh

Guest genericinsight

Strung Out - Blackhawks Over Los Angeles

they're my favorite band, everyone over at their board was creaming their pants over it when it was first released and I found it to be really boring/sub par compared to some of their other stuff for me.

A few months later it clicked for me. I don't rank it as one of their best records IMO, but I like it way more and appreciate it now.

Converge-Jane Doe

I just could not get into this band for a long time and then all the sudden it was like everything just clicked into place. and then my head exploded

Same here. ;D

And me! I also didn't like Against Me! for a long time, until I saw them live. Also, many years ago when I first heard the Bouncing Souls, I thought they sucked and Greg was a bad singer. Now I have a Souls tattoo.

Basically, I never know what I'll like.

Brand new - deja entendu

Against me - as the eternal cowboy

Deftones - around the fur

Dillinger escape plan - calculating infinity

The starting line - say it like you mean it

And then there's coheed.

Thay are probably one of my fav. Bands ever now, I've seen them 27 times....

They used to be the opening band @ almost any show I went to(this was back when they were shabutie) and I fucking hated them...

A little bit after they signed to evr and changed their name I found myself enjoying their songs...now I see them anytime they are in town.

That's not an album...but I'd imagine the same idea...

i dont think i necessarily hated any album. i bought it because i at least liked SOMETHING about it.

Radiohead "In Rainbows" - got the download and it bored me to death. listened to it on vinyl and fell in love.

New Found Glory "Coming Home" - when it first came out, i thought it was a snoozefest. about a year later, it became one of my favorite albums.

Lifetime "Lifetime" - is that blasphemy to say so? when i first heard "Can't Think About It Now" i really wanted it to stop, esp. since it was coming out on pete wentz's label. i thought to myself, "god! ari is actually REALLY trying to SING!" but now i think "Can't Think..." is one of their best songs.

Ben Folds Five "The Unauthorized Biography Of Reinhold Messner" - thought it was ben folds being overly ambitious. but i listened to it and now "Narcolepsy," "Don't Change Your Plans," and "Mess" are among my favorite BF5 songs. "Army," too. :)