Fix Warped Records?

I've used two pieces of glass (from album frames), put a heating pad under them, record between them, books on top. I typically set the heating pad on medium and leave it for awhile, ours has an auto shut-off so it won't just constantly heat the record. Then just let it cool completely.

Repeat (if necessary) until it's to your liking.

I've also had ones that had minor warping straighten out on the shelf.

Get about 200 of your vinyl loving buddies together and chip in for this... keep it at your house, of course.

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/83785

Anything else using heat, you're asking for trouble. As with anything risky, test on a copy of "Sing-along with Mitch" first.

And, oh yeah, there are two types of warped; warped from pressure (improperly stacked, squashed under a box of ceramic floor tiles in the basement, etc.) and warped by heat (left on your cars dashboard or attempted to flatten in the sun, etc.). If it was warped by heat, chances are it's toast (no pun) because the grooves have most likely been melted.

If you ever get stuck in a situation having to leave a new LP in the car for an extended period of time, put it in the trunk, out of the direct sunlight. It'll get hot in the trunk but not as hot as inside the car.