Revelation RSD Variants

As someone else mentioned the Revelation RSD 7"s (e.g., Youth of Today, Quicksand and Burn) were pressed in two batches, which resulted in slight differences the the colors. I am not sure how the numbers break down (i.e., which is more rare - will leave that to the uber nerds). But, for those who are curious here are some pics...

Quicksand - s/t 7" - Dark Blue with dark marbling and a lighter blue with less marbling - Total Press of 1103

[image]

Youth of Today s/t 7" - Red and Pink - Total Press of 1350

[image]

Burn - s/t 7" - Dark yellow with marbling and light creamy yellow - Total Press of 1090

[image]

Can we all please just be ok with there only being 1 variant of each record? All vinyl looks a little different. Chill.

fair enough. i just thought it was interesting, i think the lighter colors look a bit better for what's it worth. But, I get what your saying, every record is a bit different, so that means every record i own is /1. score. That's going to blow the NOFX kids' minds.

• 2 months later...

I'm sticking with the reality that to make those types of colors requires mixing two color compounds and there is going to be difference between them because they don't measure them out to the exact pellet for each record. This is as silly as trying to discern differences in the purple/gray mix that No Idea uses a lot. "This one has more purple, more black, more gray, thus it is different". I like variants and all but shit like this gets a little ridiculous.

I'm sticking with the reality that to make those types of colors requires mixing two color compounds and there is going to be difference between them because they don't measure them out to the exact pellet for each record. This is as silly as trying to discern differences in the purple/gray mix that No Idea uses a lot. "This one has more purple, more black, more gray, thus it is different". I like variants and all but shit like this gets a little ridiculous.

i agree, it's gets a bit silly at times, particularly with the no idea mushes or "streaks" in colored vinyl. In the present case, it was something somewhat interesting and unexpected. These records were pressed in separate batches (i think rev may have ordered more to meet the demand). Thus, they couldn't get the color to match exactly. They can be differentiated. However, it's not that big of a deal, even Revelation hasn't played it up at all. But, it happened and here are pictures for those interested.