Most political punk bands

Guest conoley

Guest conoley

I suppose I should be more specific. I am doing a paper on Canada's anti-terrorism legislation and how it can be a threat to punk bands that call for tearing the government down. I guess that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Strike Anywhere could be a good one.

Guest conoley

The funny thing is, Sum 41 could be considered relevant for this paper since they have that line about blowing off the president's head. Meanwhile band's that can actually form cohesive lyrical statements such as Bad Religion don't quite fit the bill as directly.

The funny thing is, Sum 41 could be considered relevant for this paper since they have that line about blowing off the president's head. Meanwhile band's that can actually form cohesive lyrical statements such as Bad Religion don't quite fit the bill as directly.

So its has to be bands that are somewhat obscure in their lyrical content or more inflammatory?

Guest conoley

Thanks dudes, I think I am going to focus on:

-Propagandhi

-Anti Flag

-Leftover Crack

-Strike Anywhere

-Dead Kennedys

-Sage Francis

-SUBHUMANS

-GFK

-Submission Hold

-Rebel Spell

Guest baseball
Smoke or Fire

Yeah man, that song about "the jukebox playing G'N'R" is really about overthrowing the government.

Hah, there's not a single band that was mentioned I believe that has strictly political songs.

Smoke or Fire has plenty of them.

Rapper Brother Ali had a huge sponsor pull out of his national tour due to the song "Uncle Sam God Damn". However, he's not really political...But he is a white, albino, Muslim. That's like terror level 11!

Didn't submission hold break up? Just sayin.

Also, World/Inferno. Not the MOST political band, but they are pretty active, and supposedly they subscribe to Anarchist principles.

Guest conoley
Rapper Brother Ali had a huge sponsor pull out of his national tour due to the song "Uncle Sam God Damn". However, he's not really political...But he is a white, albino, Muslim. That's like terror level 11!

Didn't submission hold break up? Just sayin.

Also, World/Inferno. Not the MOST political band, but they are pretty active, and supposedly they subscribe to Anarchist principles.

I think YOU subscribe to Anarchist principles.