Bad room-mates thread

my lady and i lived together for the last year and a half of college, but for about six months right in the middle she decided we needed to help out a friend of hers and let him stay in our second bedroom.

the guy was a disaster. alcoholic, couldn't keep a job for literally more than two weeks, was always late coughing up his share of rent/bills, did his dishes maybe once a month, left beer bottles and bottle caps everywhere, constantly forgot his keys and got friends to climb in one of the windows and unlock the door (knocking plants and knick knacks off a nearby shelf everytime and not cleaning up the dirt/pieces), he would have his unemployed brother over all the time and they would eat our food whilst sitting around literally until the next morning playing video games and watching movies (at least three nights a week i would wake up for work and he would still be up), smoking in his room (non-smoking building) -- which he never cleaned (there was so much dust and cobwebs in there when we cleaned after we finally kicked him out it was unbelievable), and ever so much more.

my lady was cleaning up after him once and evidently she threw out a bottle cap that had cherry oil in it; i guess he was planning on doing some rails later but didn't mark it as an "important" cap or anything, she didn't even see the shit in there so she threw it out. when he woke up he yelled and swore at her for throwing it out and dug threw the trash until he found it.

i remember his brother broke his leg once and ended up staying at our place for like three straight days, just sleeping on the floor outside of the bedroom doors (it was only a 750 sq ft 2-bedroom apt) without blankets or pillows or anything, crutches at his side. because they'd stayed up all night, when we woke up he was totally unconscious. jen's family was coming for a visit, and when they got there her 6 year old sister and 12 year old brother just saw this dude with a cast passed out in the hallway in his clothes. her mom was a little concerned.

oh, and i'm 100% certain the douche bag stole my "salival" tool dvd set.

fuck that guy sucked.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am moving out soon, with my brother. I deemed him the only person I could probably live with because at least I trust him and I know he cleans. Plus if we fight, we'll get over it in a day or two anyways.

Unless you steal the girl he likes! He was pissed off forever because of that.

Well let's see

I live with 3 other people, one of them which is my girlfriend, the 2 others are her ex girlfriend and her ex's new girlfriend (confusing yet?)

Except the 2 other chicks are lazy and pokey, never put their crap away. They always drop trash on the floor and don't pick it up and we'd be swimming in dog hair and they wouldn't vacuum, on weekends they just lay around in their room watching tv and eating (how depressing is it to see that?), I'm the youngest here so they're always patronizing me and stuff

Horrible I tell ya. Can't wait to get the fuck out of here

Wait...your ex-girlfriend has a girlfriend? What's wrong with the world?!!?!

As for not moving out to go to college or whatever, it's true once you leave home you can never go back. I stopped going home for the summer after my Freshman year. I love my family but I just couldn't live with them.

thats my girlfriend's ex girlfriend that has a new girlfriend

About 2 years ago I moved in with a chick I had never met before and it was awful. Not only did she NEVER pay her half of the rent until at least the 20th of the month (it was due the 5th) but she got our electricity shut off MULTIPLE times (the electricity was in her name because she had lived in the place with a different room mate before I moved in: I'd pay her my half of the bill only to find out MONTHS later that she had never paid any of it). She also never cleaned anything and typically just sat on the couch emitting a smell similar to old tuna fish while cross-stitching some weird nautical scene. Since I was the only one paying rent, I just decided to start throwing parties, and my drunk friends typically succeeded in herding her into her room (or, later on, to my ex-boyfriend's apartment after they started dating). Fortunately I hadn't signed a lease since she had already been living there for over a year, so I was able to move out without having any trouble with the landlord.

I can safely say I would NEVER live with a room mate again. I'm just glad that Jeff and I live together so we can split the cost of a one bedroom because I don't think I could afford it on my own and a studio/efficiency would make me feel claustrophobic. Plus, he cleans up after himself without having to be told (a rare trait in men, from what my girl friends have told me!) and I never have to worry about him trying to screw me out of money or anything like that.

my girlfriend and I just moved in with her roommate from college and her boyfriend because their roommate just moved out and they wanted to stay until the lease was up. We haven't had any problems, really. Since i'm the only one without a job, i clean up after everyone, but its not bad before i do so. I just do it to a) not be a lazy roommate and B) sheer boredness. But we just moved in. so the horror stories may not come for another month or so

Guest abravemorning

My roommates band keeps practicing every Thursday night during LOST, forcing me to either turn my volume all the way up, or find somewhere else to watch it. What's even shittier is that I keep taking my Thursday nights off from work just so I won't miss it.